“Disappointed.”

Ona Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entree. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fireplace to chat with your friends and sip craft cocktails, regional wine and micro-brews while having a snack or full dinner. At Ona our food is carefully sourced and globally inspired.
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We tried this restaurant based on other good reviews. The location is nice. Our server was attentive and helpful but the disappointment was with the food. My salad came so saturated with dressing that it was inedible..my mistake for not ordering dressing on the side. The main course looked unappetizing as the bottom of the plate was a sea of oil/butter. The potatoes had good flavor, but the fish was very bland and I just couldn't get past all the oil on the plate. Maybe we just hit a bad night but we don't plan on going back.

4  Thank KatBoise
There are newer reviews for Ona Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We travel to Yachats every March to take in the ocean in a quiet laid-back town. The only problem with Yachats is that there is a dearth of good restaurants. Imagine our joy when we discovered Ona Restaurant and Lounge. We were greeted at the door by the owner who was very friendly and enthusiastic. Our waiter was also delightful. I had the pork tenderloin from the specials menu. It was cooked just right with a port wine reduction sauce. Either a previous reviewer was mistaken or the restaurant has changed its menu, because all entrees came with either mashed potatoes or a 3-rice dish, seasonal vegetables, and a salad. The salad was a little small, but considering the size of the entree portions, that is probably for the best. The mashed potatoes are done with celery root and basil butter and are a huge step above average mashed potatoes, and the side dish was carrots and parsnips which were delicious. I had the pear tart with vanilla ice cream for dessert, and it was amazing. All in all, I am thrilled that a really top-notch restaurant has opened in Yachats, which is sorely in need of same. We hope to partake next year on our return visit, probably more than once.

1  Thank Worrygrandma
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I recently moved to Utah and was unable to visit Ona until I went back to Oregon for a visit in February. My expectations of delicious food, beautiful presentation were met. We took a bottle of Walla Walla syrah to have with our dinner, but also ordered pre-dinner cocktails from the bar. The champagne cocktail was delightful. We all ordered different entrees and shared tastes to determine who had made the best choice, but each one was fresh and flavorful so it was difficult to pick a winner. The whole experience was very relaxed and enjoyable. I will be going back on my next visit to Oregon.

2  Thank FoodieWiner
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We went to check out the new place in town and we are glad we'd done so. We decided to go for simple fare - comfort food - the three meat meatloaf for me, tomato bisque and the beet salad for my wife. It was all well prepared and very tasty. The pear tart with ice cream is not to be missed. Our server was pleasant and attentive and helped us to enjoy our evening. We look forward to our next chance to eat here.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I was looking forward to bringing my family to Ona Restaurant over the Thanksgiving weekend, as I knew the owners have a great reputation for class service and excellent food preparation. We have been patrons of their other business, the Heceta Head Bed & Breakfast, just south of Yachats, where a seven course breakfast is the regular fare for guests. I found Ona Restaurant to be a real disappointment. The service was awful. We waited 20 minutes to even have someone come to our table. The tables themselves were dirty, no tablecloths, just bare tables that had not been properly wiped from the previous customers. We finally had to flag the hostess to get somebody to come and bring waters and take our orders. The restaurant manager served us, but never formally greeted any customers or checked to see if people were pleased with their food. The food was such a step down from what I expected! Everything is a la carte, which means you have to pay extra to get a salad, a potato, or a vegetable with an entree. The seafood pot pies were not anything special -- two of us ordered them and had the same experience -- we could barely find any seafood at all in them. After further inspection, we found a couple of bay shrimp and some unidentifiable pieces of fish mixed with vegetables. The "vegetables" were frozen peas and carrots. While this was all wrapped up in a nice pastry preparation, it was hardly worth the price. My husband ordered an expensive cut of meat and received an overcooked, overpriced, cold plate that had to be sent back. We found out later that it was the well-done order of the gentleman behind us; he received my husband's rare cut of meat. Of course, his order arrived cold and late, also. The entire experience was such a disappointment for our whole family, who only gather once a year. The owners of Ona need to get their act together before tourist reason arrives. However, their real patrons are the local customers who have already been let down by the small plates, large prices, and short service.

3  Thank zigfeld