I just returned from a week-long stay at Deane's-- had a GREAT time!
This piece of land was doomed to become condos. (Just what the Oregon Coast needs, more condos. Think North Depoe Bay. Ugh.) Thankfully Glen and Katherine bought the land and hotel, thus preserving its natural charm.
The main selling point for me was the extent of their pet-friendliness-- you get a "doggie bag" when you check in with treats, baggies, etcetera. (Loved the Corgi "welcoming committee" as well.) Some places charge a daily pet fee, which can really add up for a long-time stay. Deane's charges a one-time fee so I could afford to stay for a week-- a real vacation!
The rooms are very "homey," Katherine makes GREAT coffee, and the location is perfect: Miles of beautiful, uncrowded beach to walk on. However, not too good for winter storm-watching, as you can't see the surf from the rooms. (There is about an acre of grass between the motel and the beach.)
All in all, a wonderful place to stay. The owners are directly involved in making sure the patrons are happy-- quite the antithesis to the "big-box" hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deane's Oceanfront Lodge located in Yachats, Oregon. Located on 4 acres with private beach access. Each room has microwaves, fridge, coffeemaker, TV, electric fireplaces. Ocean view rooms with private beach access. Covered patios with BBQ. Free coffee, fruit and donuts in the lobby every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Deane's Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deane`s Oceanfront Hotel Yachats
- Deane's Oceanfront Lodge Yachats, Oregon