“Loved it”

Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Booked two rooms for family of 5 in August. Extremely homely place. The best welcome we have had from the hosts. Very helpful from places to visit, which included little maps to the best local restaurants. Fabulous. View was great as well. Rooms clean and well kept, with TV and DVD. Rage of dvd's in the reception to watch as well. Coffee and donuts for breakfast. Perfect.

Room Tip: Ones with the sea view are best. But others ok too.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We shared a two room suite with a kitchenette. The kitchenette had a stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink, dishes, pots and pans. The facility was very clean and the beds were comfortable. All rooms had ocean views, although the facility was several hundred feet back from the cliff edge leading the the beach. There was easy access to the sandy beach on a short stairway.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view. There only appeared to be two rooms with two bedrooms, so reserve ear...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was headed to my favorite place on the Oregon Beach for a "Girls Weekend" with my dogs and my girlfriend. I decided to leave a day early just for some down time. My Regular motel was full that night and they recommended "Deane's". I called and they had 2 rooms left, I chose the a non-ocean view room. .
When I arrived the girl at the front desk said they had double booked and moved me to an Ocean-View at no extra charge. "SWEET", The room was very Clean, Cute, and Cozy. Loved the glass block shower. There was coffee in my room as well as a micro, fridge, flat screen and DVD player with free movies to rent in the lobby. What was REALLY special for me was the welcome for my "GIRLS". I bring my dogs with me everywhere. They welcomed them with open arms. Home made Doggy bag filled with Bowls, towels for drying off, a sheet to cover the bedspread for those that are bed sleepers, and a homemade treat bag for each dog. Back patio was inviting and met some nice people from Idaho. The Beach is the best around.
But the best of all is ONLY $10 DOG CHARGE FOR AS MANY NIGHTS YOU STAY. Regardless if you have one or two dogs. Everybody else has started to take advantage of us dog lovers. $12 and up PER DOG, PER NIGHT!!!! So to find a place that was reasonably priced, loved my dogs and I got Breakfast too. Probably my NEW FAVORITE PLACE

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mytwocents2013
Reviewed July 26, 2014

...Then Deane's oceanfront lodge is the place for you. Tucked away in charming Yachats, Deane's is clean, cozy, steps from the beach, and minutes from mystical Cape Perpetua. The rooms have many amenities including: fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and dvd player. The library in the reception area has a wide variety of dvds, books, and board games. The proprietors thoughtful touches don't end there. They're more than pet-friendly, providing bowls, beach towels, pet sheets, and treats galore. They're also very kind and responsive to your needs, and the coffee in the morning is pretty good too. Really enjoyed my stay here, it was a perfect little getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sid A
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was looking for a place to stay on a very busy (hot in the valleys, everyone headed to the coast) July day. Fortunately, they still had a suite available, and are pet-friendly, too! My lucky day to read about this place on Trip Advisor. We booked it, loved it so much at the lodge and in Yachats, that we stayed another night. Glad we did, as they were fully booked for the next few nights.
Wonderful customer service!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MusicGarden7
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I would give it a "5" but some folks may prefer a more modern setting. Our trip to Yachats was based on finding a place like Deane's to stay - old fashion motel on the water with updated amenities. Get donuts and coffee in the lobby and end up sharing stories with other travelers. It is folksy and puts you at the most breathtaking beach that you share with only 1 or 2 persons in passing. Beautiful flowers surround the property thanks to the owner's Mom. Eat dinner at Heidi's down the road if you like authentic Italian food and another great view.

Room Tip: Bring a blanket to sit on the beach so that you can give the ocean a proper visit. A big back patio...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nelliemaryland
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I just returned from the Oregon Coast with wonderful memories. Deane's Oceanfront Lodge tops the list of great experiences. The location was three miles outside of town, just what we wanted, and had an unobstructed view of the ocean. The property is old, I believe from the 1940's. It is clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The staff is over-the-top helpful and friendly. We felt like family. We were reminded of earlier times in our lives when as kids, our parents often stopped at small Motels like Deane's for our family vacations. What fun to go back in time and recall good memories. We will return!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Deane's Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!