“Great food, great value, nice view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heidi's Italian Dinners

Heidi's Italian Dinners
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
MA
“Great food, great value, nice view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

We went to Heidi's on the advice of our hotel. They said the food was authentic Italian and reasonably priced. Since we were on the Oregon coast and were leaning towards a seafood place but they highly recommended this place. We figured that are just a few miles up the road, so they must know what they are talking about. And were they ever right!

My husband had the lasagna and my daughter and I had the seafood ravioli. Both fantastic! The portions looked a little on the small side at first, but were really filling. We left stuffed after we indulged in dessert which was a homemade fruit cobbler dish....fantastic.

Cheshire, Oregon
“Lovely dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We had a lovely dinner at Heidi's in August. Great food and a great value. The atmosphere is casual and warm, as were the owners and help. Be sure to save room for dessert as it was excellent.! We'll be back.

Seal Rock, Oregon
“Like a trip to Italy, only closer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

We are locals, and we usually get pizza delivery which is some of the most authentic thin crust pizza that I've had outside of Italy. Last night 4 of us went to dnner and had the lasagna specials and the spaghetti bolognese. I've never had pasta cooked so well, it was incredibly tender yet firm. The portions were generous and the price is a great value as most dishes are between $11 and $13. We were too full for dessert, but we've had them before and they are fabulous

1 Thank Tunachaser
Salem, Oregon
“Owners who discourage Customers--A Novel Concept!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We had had a decent Italian meal here in the past, so on our recent trip to Yachats we decided to stop in to get a piece of pie...a specialty that they advertise, mind you. Surprise! They won't serve you a piece of pie unless you buy a meal! When my wife and I finally got our composure back we asked why, and they said "We run out and we don't have enough for our customers who buy dinners." When I asked them why don't they just make more pies, their response was that their person already comes in at 7:00 am. Wow. Really?? THAT early? Get real. Then don't advertise your pies then. Avoid this place unless you want to put up with their bizarre "marketing" philosophy. There are better places with normal people--go there.

9 Thank NWRoadie60
Oregon Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,617 helpful votes
“Way OVERPRICED, poor attitude of owners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We live nearby so were excited to hear about this place as we both enjoy good Italian food. Unfortunately, we didn't find it here.

It had been a cool cloudy day, lower 60's, yet the room was stifling hot with no open windows. We almost backed out, but decided to stay. The decor is attractive with black and white tablecloths and a nice view from one end of the room.

This is kind of a glorified fast food place. You order at the counter, then they bring the food to you, but you're expected to clear your own table. Self-serve plain water and glasses are available on a shelf. No ice, however.

If you want something else to drink, you get your own from the commercial cooler. They have a limited selection -- and *no* diet drinks except for water and iced tea. They do serve wine and beer.

The menu is a bit limited with a number of vegetarian choices and of course pizza. I opted for the 5 Cheese tortellini, and my husband ordered the sausage lasagna. He asked if there was any soup and received a curt reply of "No, soup is only at lunch". Okaaay, so we both ordered green salads; mine small, his large. He asked if he could get a side order of baked eggplant and was again told "No, we don't do side orders". We were pretty sure this was the owner.

The salads arrived, and we asked about dressing. "No, we have no dressing. There is vinegar on the table". We both looked rather shocked, I think, and she then relented and said they did have some "restaurant Italian", which she then brought out.

The salads were very small, even the "large" size. They consisted of fresh field greens and onions. Period. Price was $4 for the small, and $8 for the large. For an $8 salad, it was pathetic!

Then came the entrees. By now my expectations weren't very high, but I had been hoping for something at least as good as I can buy frozen at Costco. No such luck. My tortellini consisted of I think 18 teeny pieces. At $9, that was 50 cents per piece. And I kept looking for the other 4 cheeses and never found them! The sauce was very oniony and not really flavorful.

My husband's "sausage" lasanga wasn't really even lasanga, just sort of some flat noodles, tomatoes and cheese in the same oniony sauce; quite a small portion. He kept looking for the sausage and never found it! Not much food for $14.

The bread was okay, nothing wonderful and with of course no butter. We overheard the next table saying their pizza was not very good - and it didn't look like much. The pies did look good, but by then we were in no mood for dessert.

We paid the bill of $36, and were so glad to get outside into the fresh cool air. We then went by grocery store and bought a cooked chicken, since we were still hungry after our lousy meal!

We won't be back.