“Beautiful location on Oregon Coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Adobe Resort

Adobe Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Bakersfield, CA
“Beautiful location on Oregon Coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is situated very close to the ocean and the grounds and views are lovely. It had been about six years since we were last there and it seems that they have painted and recarpeted since our last visit. There was an electric fireplace in our room that added both warmth and a cozy ambience.

We enjoyed both the bar and the dining room. In the bar you may order food from the bar menu or the restaurant menu. The food and service were very good.

The only things that displeased us were the uncomfortable pillows and the fact that this lovely place still uses blankets and bedspreads on the beds.

Room Tip: You will be disappointed if you don't request an ocean front room. There are just a few rooms t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Corbett, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is my favorite place on the ocean side of the planet - every trip to the coast for the past 32 (wow, that was kind of depressing math) years, I've spent at least one night at the Adobe. Rooms are clean and well maintained, staff is friendly, food is consistently good (breakfast rocks), rates are reasonable, and the location gets no better. Love to sit up in the loft with a warming adult beverage and write with the waves breaking on the rocks right below, take the pup for a walk along the bluff to the sandy beach, and sit out on the deck and watch the pelicans. Also shot some of my favorite source images for my photographic project there last year.

All of which reminds me I'm long past due for another trip.

Room Tip: Pet friendly on the north side of the hotel - book early, they tend to go fast! Johnny Appleseed om...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Loree_Harrell
Albany, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let me get to what I liked first. The person who took my reservation was very friendly and helpful. Check in was quick. The champagne I asked for arrived at the room quickly after we arrived. We stayed in what they call a "Whirlpool Suite". The room was spacious and clean and the oven view from the third floor was amazing. The food at the on-site restaurant was quite good.

What I didn't like...when I made my reservation I chose one of their "specials" which was to include an $18 breakfast voucher and a $36 dinner voucher for use in the restaurant. I only received them
After returning to the front desk and asking for them...and when I did the lady just looked confused.

The weekend we stayed at the coast, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, was one if the warmest weekends I've ever experienced at the Oregon coast. It was a real downer to walk into a room that was stifling hot to discover that my $235/night room had no A/C. After searching their website, A/C is not listed for ANY of the rooms.

I previously stated the food is good in the restaurant, however, I did feel it was a bit overpriced. I don't mind paying for good food and service, this was however, a bit off the mark.

As a rater has already said, no room service was a bummer and when we arrived and were told our room was on the third floor, we were directed to an elevator across the parking lot. No problem except a luggage caddy would have been nice...when we arrived at our room, there was an empty one parked right by our door.

So I have definitely stayed at places that have been at the same price point that have offered a much better stay...Inn at Spanish Head, Lincoln City, Oregon, comes to mind.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank oregondigitalhunter
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

To me this hotel deserves 4 and a half stars out of 5. The missing half star was the very plain and unpretentious front entrance and the lack of decorative landscaping of the parking lot. In addition to the fantastic ocean view, the Adobe room we had was clean, well maintained and with amenities to match any upscale resorts on the Oregon and Washington coasts.We stayed at the Overleaf Resort last year so I thought I checked out others for comparison. I chose Adobe this time because I had dinner here last year. After reading some of the 2 star reviews and seeing the 7th ranking out of 11(for Yachats), I almost went back to book with Overleaf. I'm so glad I didn't. We had a wonder stay and would recommend it to our friends and family. I think Adobe deserves a far better ranking than 7th.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ben H
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

That's correct, we have been coming here for 4 days every April, for 15 years. Consistently enjoyable and always a pleasure. This is a dated resort [one of the oldest on the Oregon coast] so do not expect modern up to date amenities like marble floors or central a/c. It is spotlessly clean and very well maintained. Staff is efficient and friendly and always willing to chat. They offer a pets only building that has large suites with balconies,fireplaces and terrific ocean views. These units also have kitchenettes and cater to pets by leaving daily pet towels and treats. This facility has THE best restaurant / dining room on this section of the Oregon coast! The menu is diverse and the food is always fresh and well prepared. The staff never seems to change, so it is quite a treat to converse with the same servers we enjoyed in prior years. The dining room is beautiful but the most stunning thing about it is the incredible view of the ocean and the waves breaking on the rocks 20' away from you! This can not be duplicated anywhere. There are several stunning beaches in the area as well as an Oregon Walking Trail that starts at the Adobe and proceeds north up the rugged coastline. Yachats is a very small community made up of galleries of all sorts. It is very quiet and peaceful. This resort is ideally suited to day trips up and down the beautiful Oregon coastline.The Adobe also offers packages that include meals with the room rentals - just ask .Boy, we miss it already! ENJOY!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ronwake409
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been staying here for years and the location is one of the best on the Pacific North West coast. 50 yards to the surf crashing on the rocks and amazing tide pools. Our last visit was great, the host friendly and helpful showing us several different rooms. The room we chose was clean, updated, and the bed good. The view, well you just need to see it. The bar and restaurant are amazing with the waves crashing just outside and NO issue with the drinks. In the 25 years I have stayed here there have been many changes and some visits better than others but never a bad one. The gift shop is just across from the front desk and if they are busy with check ins you may need to be patient at times. Yes Yachts is small town and rolls up the sidewalks early. The Adobe is great for a romantic get away and you don't need to leave the resort other than to go to the beach. Tops my list of favorite Oregon stays and I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben-Heere
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

A resort? Felt like the staff was telling me the take it or leave it. Terrible room. No room service. Decor 70's . Without the view would not pay 30 dollars a night to stay there. I work nights. First thing I was told is that the whole town shuts down at 9 pm. The bar served weak drinks. No screens on the windows. Had a funky smell. They did have a popcorn machine.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#3 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Adobe Resort? Share your experiences!