“Great Vacation Venue”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Springfield, Oregon
“Great Vacation Venue”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at the Adobe resort March 15 and 16th. I asked for a balcony room and the view of the ocean was as if it were at my feet. My room had a jacuzzi and fireplace. The microwave and fridge were really nice. The rate was the most reasonable rate I found in Lane County that provided an ocean view. The exercise room was perfect as was the pool and hot tub.

The lounge had local brews on tap and the view from the lounge perfect.

I highly suggest this resort for one night or more.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi was strong. Newspaper machines by office. Vending machines were nicely priced.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shirley G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 18, 2012

So many places don't want dogs in their rooms. The Adobe has a dog wing!

We have stayed here for several years with our Standard Poodles and we have always had a great time. Dog rooms have decks and every room has a view of the beach.

We never have taken advantage of the amenities, like the pool or spa. We come to walk and play with the dogs.

In our opinion, the Adobe is the best place on the coast for having your dogs with you.

• Stayed March 2012
Alsea, Oregon
Reviewed March 14, 2012

What an excellent place to stay. We took our two kids 3 and 8 years old. They loved it!! They have a salt water pool! A kiddie pool that goes up to 1 1/2 feet deep, which my 3 year old thought made him king!!! A hot tub, sauna, weight room and kids rec room. Their restaurant is excellent. Loved our stay so much we are going to start going 4-6 times a year. Rooms a clean and very large. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This could be a very nice weekend away. We stayed in room 319, it has a spectacular view. The room itself needs to be upgraded to the times, especially for the price. The bed is terrible. Big lump in the middle, springs poking you all night, it sucked. The TV was as old as me; I am not a spring chicken 50+. For the price of a nice flat screen today, it seems to be more in line with price they charge; TV is very small for the room size. The Jacuzzi tub is big and very nice. One of the better tubs I have come across. The food was terrible; we had breakfast from the restaurant. I had a chicken fried steak; they put some sort of ham gravy on it, who does that. IT WAS NASTY. Chicken fried steak is beef, with country gravy. We went to the lounge to have a drink. We ordered long island ice teas. 1 usually does me. Nothing, watered down rip off, and the bar tender was not a pleasant person. We didn’t order another. Yachats has a number of hotels, I would recommend looking elsewhere first. The bed was my biggest complaint, for a $500.00 dollar weekend you want a bed that is comfortable, after all what are you renting. Our room was over $200.00 a night.

Room Tip: I would check the bed out in any room you try to stay in here. I left hurting from the bed springs a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sammy B
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We had been driving the coast most of the day the sun was dropout and so were we.I saw this hotel set back off the road it looked fairly large and close to the ocean.when we went inside we were told they were having a special for 118 with a 35 dollar meal voucher.I said super sign us up.when we got to are room Wow perfect fireplace huge window that open to hear the surf 60feet away-micro-fridge-nice t.v super king bed and did I. Say the view and the surf.when we went down to dinner we were shocked to see a dinning room that overlooked the ocean with a menu that would put most places to shame- great salad bar-super wait staff.
We will come back here again both for the price and the amazing room view and food

Room Tip: 3rd floor center. They have lights that light up the ocean at night great view from that room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank tomneely1
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We decided to stay at the Adobe for Christmas, and it wound up being a great idea. Our room was on the 2nd floor in the NW wing. Our view of the ocean was... incredible. The ocean seemed close enough that we could almost reach out and touch the waves as they crashed on the beach below. You really can not ask for a better view than the one we had.

The room was not at all fancy, but was very quiet, even though we had neighbors on either side as well as above us. The hotel was hand-built by the original owner using adobe bricks made the traditional way (thus, the name of the hotel). Since then, the hotel has been considerably expanded, but I think care has been taken at least to build a solid structure so that floors and walls don't readily conduct sound. We had the window open at night, and all we ever heard were the waves pounding the coast. It also helps that the Adobe is set a couple hundred yards off of the highway, so that the road is a complete non-issue in terms of noise.

We have already booked Thanksgiving for next year!

Room Tip: When you book, call to ask for a room with a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Hadrons
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have to admit I was on the fence about the Adobe because I usually stay at the Overleaf Lodge on my trips up the Oregon coast when in Yachats, but this year we stayed at the Adobe Resort and based on our overall experience, we'll return. I had read lots of reviews, and was careful to make sure I booked an oceanfront jacuzzi room, and that was a fine choice.

Some other reviewers called the Adobe more of a motel or motor lodge style and I can see why, depending on where they stayed. The quality of the furnishings and the structure may not be quite up to Overleaf, but I found the view at the Adobe and the proximity to the ocean superior to Overleaf. And while both have jacuzzi room options, nothing wrong with the one in the Adobe. I liked having a fridge and microwave (even though we only stayed one night) in the Adobe. Also there's a pretty modern big TV and a couch you can watch it from.

Better yet, the restaurant is pretty good, with a great view. It may have even bordered on very good, and the service was great. We even went to the bar after dinner and loved drinking there and enjoying the popcorn. Back to the room, you open your sliding glass door and see and hear the ocean. Wonderful! And a much better value than Overleaf. Really Overleaf isn't a five-star hotel either, it's just a little nicer but to me not worth the extra money.

So to sum up the Adobe - great value, fantastic view and proximity to the water, nice on-site restaurant and bar. I'll go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#3 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Adobe Resort? Share your experiences!