Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast
Adobe Resort(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$115
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$67
$79
Ocean Cove Inn(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$75
$53
Fireside Motel(Yachats)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
All reviewslight houseold housefront porchii roomseven coursesother guestsshared bathlight keepersgourmet breakfastkeeper's houseafter darkghost storiesfresnel lensbucket listqueen anncommunal tableuphill walk
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I have traveled across this country for many years and have stayed at a variety of hotels, motels, inns and B&B's. Our overnight stay at the Heceta Head Lighthouse B&B ranks as the very worst of them all, by far and away. The grossest part of our visit was the discovery of fecal matter on the seat of the toilet. Since we had been informed via a letter at the door that the innkeepers would not be at the inn that evening, we realized all too quickly, that we had to take care of cleaning the toilet. It was disgusting, upsetting, revolting and very unnerving. That was by far the very worst thing about the visit, but there are other points as well. There was no hair dryer in the room, only one small bar of soap, which was to be used at the sink as well as for the shower. There was only one hanger in the closet. When I went looking for the caretaker, I couldn't find them; I rang their doorbell, but got no answer; also called a phone number that had been provided, but again, no answer. Finally left a voice message on a second telephone number, but was never contacted by anyone with a response to our plea's for a hair dryer for my wife, some more hangers for our clothing and a bar of soap for the shower. Outside of the fecal problem, our thoughts are that the other items should just be provided as normal items, as is the case in all other hotels, B&B's, etc. We could go on and on, but the key things that we're trying to get across to possible future guests of Heceta Head Lighthouse B&B, is go elsewhere. There are many fine places to stay at along the Oregon coast; this isn't one of them. Also, we want you to know, we sent a lengthy email to the innkeepers of this place last week, and to date, they have chosen not to respond at all. That, to us, speaks volumes!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
15  Thank RetiredBeachers29526
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a wonderfully quaint and unusual bed and breakfast. My wife and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary at the lighthouse b&b and had a wonderful time. The breakfast lasted for almost two hours and was awesome. Fresh fruit, crab cakes, smoothie, sweet breads, oh and some awesome egg dishes and more. The room we stayed in (the Queen Ann room) was quite small and we had to walk across the hall to use the shared restroom, but we figured it out and had no issues there. The resident "ghost" kept me awake for most of the first night until my lovely wife determined that said ghost was rattling the window in the wind. She was able to stuff some brochures in the window track, calmed the ghoul right down. Location, view, antiques all throughout can't be beat. I would highly recommend this b&b as long as you remember it is an old house, with a resident - yet rather harmless ghost

Room Tip: Try and get one with beach view if you can
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Based on some of the reviews I read, we were almost apprehensive before arriving at the B&B. We, too, missed the "Private Road" sign and ended up doing a bit of figuring it all out before we arrived at the right place.

The negative reviews I read here are bogus, unless you want to talk about flies which really has nothing to do with the B&B. AND WE ENCOUNTERED ABSOLUTELY NO BUGS WHATSOEVER. Reviewers who were so nasty also slammed the place for its furnishings, etc. Our bed was wonderfully comfortable and we were there to be in awe of nature, not to nitpick a lampshade in a room for its authenticity or where it came from. Geesh, some people just don't get it.

This is a well-restored, very old national treasure. And yes, it is haunted, the woman in the Victoria Room (I think) could not take more than two nights of ghostly experiences and left. We're cool with ghosts, they're harmless and Rue just wants to make sure you're comfortable. Relax.

The property is set in a spectacular setting with awesome views and places to explore. It is rich in history and is staffed by people who are very informative. The lighthouse tour was very good, although our tour guide was a woman who had the personality of a mortician. She was not enjoying her volunteer work.

The breakfast is good, long, and small. Honestly, it was two hours I would have rather been out exploring nature -- but -- happy wife, happy life.

THOROUGHLY enjoyed the experience, even if it was incredibly over priced (I could stay at the Four Seasons for $350 a night).

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a private bath. Shower pressure is very good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Randal S
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were told this historic B&B was pricey, but definitely worth it. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Great scenery, fun, yummy breakfast, but the tiny room was not charming nor was it clean. The bathroom (down the hall) was big enough to move around in, but the tub was also not clean. I agree with the other reviews-- it was different and interesting, but if you don't have money to burn, I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: The one with the lighthouse view is miniscule.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank HanginginMadcity
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a perfect getaway for couples. Fortunately, the weather was good, so my love and I walked along the path surrounding the B and B, taking pictures of the gorgeous pacific from the rocks, and admiring the wildlife and trees. The breakfast is a gourmet presentation, and each morning we were there it was something different. The rooms were very comfy, only down side is that for some rooms you have to share a bathroom, but for us it really wasn't a big deal. The bathroom we used had a little oval window where you could sit in the bathtub and look at the water. Really magical place.

Room Tip: Find out if one of the rooms with it's own bathroom is available, if this is something that is important to you.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple