“Dream come true!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yachats
Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Yachats B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I've always wanted to stay in this majestic old house. I have to say, the experience was even more wonderful than my expectations. Very private, romantic and beautiful. The service was very good without being stuffy, which can be the case with bed and breakfasts sometimes.
We can't wait to come back-

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, this inn is a wonderful way of enjoying the scenic Oregon coast. The rooms are cozy and basic but the views and access to the beach and trails more than compensate for any possible shortcomings.

Then there is the 6 course breakfast. It is a great and unexpected culinary experience in this out-of-the way locale.

Legend has it that the inn is haunted. I didn't see or feel anything, but my husband tells me he heard the ghost wandering during the night. Her name is supposedly Rue, and she didn't have a problem making us feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Jrlcnyc
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I grew up as a kid hiking from Devil's Elbow park up to the Heceta Head Lighthouse. The big white Innkeeper's house has been opened as a B&B for several years now. Finally I got the chance to stay in the mysterious and historical house for our Anniversary. It was everything and more I dreamed of. The bedrooms overlook the greatest location you can imagine. They have been updated with wonderful bathrooms, and a 7 course breakfast is included. The kitchen is open for use by the guests, as long as they clean up after themselves. In each room is a journal that guests can write about their experience in the house. I believe my Son saw the ghost on the beach when he was just a little tiny guy. But he remembers it to this day. I think I felt her presence, but maybe it was my imagination. Sitting on the wide veranda overlooking the sea, with a steaming cup of coffee in hand, it is what the seaside is all about. I believe this is one of the most magnificent settings on all the Pacific Coast. It is one of my favorite places anywhere. If you love lighthouses, history, Victorian beauty, and atmosphere, you can't find a better setting. It is true magic!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OregonAngelwings
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Mariners room provided the best sleep I have ever had. Looked at stars at night and then full moon on the ocean during the night. WOW. Breakfast is fantastic. 7 courses, but modest servings of everything. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Mariners room has views of the ocean and private bathroom
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dmc52
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have stayed twice now at Heceta Head and have already started planning the next trip. The first time I stayed there we stayed in Victoria's Room and it was absolutely beautiful. The second time we stayed in the Queen Anne room and that one was very romantic. It is just a amazing place to stay, with the most amazing views. My favorite place to hang out was on the porch. To just sit there with my cup of coffee listening to the waves and just slow down is perfect. I can not think of any other place to stay when heading up north. They spoil you in the morning with the wonderful breakfast, you will not leave disappointed!

Room Tip: Victoria's room was my personal favorite, but I do not think you can go wrong with any of the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Adrienne W
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was our second trip to the Lighthouse, and just as wonderful as the first. Last time we stayed in Victoria's room, where Rue (the resident ghost) is said to appear most often. It is a nice option because it has it's own bathroom. Sadly, no visit by Rue that time or this time. But, this time we stayed in the Queen Anne Room. It is so beautiful with 4 poster bed. The only downside is sharing a bathroom - but it is a great bathroom to share! I soaked in the claw foot tub. We peeked in to the Mariner II room - which has a beautiful view of the ocean. It is more expensive, but would be a great option if you can afford it, otherwise, go with the Queen Anne Roon - the four poster bed is really comfortable.

I hope you like lady bugs! This B&B has many many of them. There were at least 20 in our room. We don't mind them so it was a novelty for us, but some other folks complained a little.

The breakfast here is to die for! Seven courses - beyond words. It is a great time to chat with the other guests.

We love sitting outside in the adirondak chairs with blankets provided by the inn and watching the ocean. The porch is protected from the wind, and is a front row seat to the beauty of the area. We really love this place.

The lighthouse is presently closed for some remodeling, and had this been our first trip, that would have been really disappointing. But, s repeat offenders, we just love the B&B for itself. It is a very romantic place. Eat at Ona's just up the way in Yachat's.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tlawish
Steven B, Owner at Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you came back to visit us again. Four of our six rooms have private bathrooms, either in the room or just across the hall. If you would like to soak in a claw foot tub in a private bathroom, the Light Keeper's Room is a good option for your next visit. The other private bathrooms feature marble showers. The lady bugs you mentioned are seasonal visitors. They like to winter over in the B & B and gather in groups in the corners of the rooms. When the weather turns warmer they become active and look for a way back outside. We collect the lady bugs daily, however this time of year we just can't seem to keep them all out. Apparently word has gotten out that Heceta Head Lighthouse B & B is a good place to stay!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

An amazing setting - what beautiful scenery. Large front porch with adirondack chairs to hang out and watch the ocean waves. If you like old homes with character, you'll enjoy this place. Two parlor/living rooms (both with fireplaces) to kick back and read, play board games, share conversation over wine/coffee/tea, or use your computer (wi-fi available). The breakfast was delicious but it does take 2 hours to complete - worth it! Only downside is the shared bathroom - there is a clawfoot tub with a shower attachment in the tub...but don't expect to stand up to shower (no shower curtain). Room was comfortable but on the smaller side.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get one with the private bathroom and view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OregonPTgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats
7 mi away
Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center

Been to Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!