“Great little seafood dive”

Luna Sea Fish House
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Luna is a favorite stop for us on our frequent visits to Yachats. The fish and oysters are always fresh, some from the owner's own boat. They have a very good fry cook, hard for me to order anything that hasn't come from the deep fryer (and that's something I usually avoid!)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I stopped at Luna for dinner. We almost went right by it, but persevered and found it. We're very glad we did, because it was a wonderful dining experience. Don't bother to go if you're looking for white linen tablecloths and fancy decor; it isn't here. What is here is the very best in delicious, fresh seafood. Per manager Ginnie's suggestion, I had their Fish and Chips; which was fried to perfection, with beautiful, large white pieces of cod, lightly coated in batter, along with terrific French fries. My wife had the sea scallops, which Ginnie suggested she get fried as well; again, right on the money, Ginnie, they was super!! Service was quick, friendly and very attentive. Luna should be at the top of your list for a seafood meal. If we ever get back to the area, Luna is the place we will go to.

1  Thank RetiredBeachers29526
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I visit "Grandma by the sea" several times a year. We make a point of enjoying a stop at Luna Sea each time. We used to frequent MO's in Florence before this little gem opened serving better food right here in Yachats.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is not a well marked place, it is easy for the out of towner to drive by and miss it. But it is in the heart of Yachats and is along Hwy 101, the very center of town. There are 5 restaurants, including this one, within a stone's throw of each other. We're eaten here 4 times.

Luna Sea has outstanding fish and chips, the best from Florence to Lincoln City. The Salmon, Lingue Cod, Halibut, Oysters, or Scallops are all great choices. However, I've eaten divine Fish and Chips in the pubs of the United Kingdom and also a few places in the USA that does surpass Luna Sea, just a wee bit. The chips are thick-cut, big wedges and the serving of cole slaw is somewhat small and a wee bit dry. I'd prefer to rate them a 4+.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had a late dinner last night here and though they were close to closing, the people kept pouring in to this little place. Had the Halibut Fish and Chips and it was excellent! Good service, great food. My friend had Slumgullian and said it was the best she'd ever had. The other perk was the music was a great walk down nostalgia lane. Jackson Brown and The Moody Blues, especially! Overall great experience and we will be back. Also has an in store fish market that looked to have a great selection. Good place to but freshly caught local fish as well.