“Do Not Miss This Place....”

Luna Sea Fish House
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have been going for romantic getaways at Quiet Waters cabins for years....but for some reason we only discovered the wonder of Luna's a year or two ago.....maybe because it is so small that if you blink you might miss it. Don't Blink....because you do not want to miss the food here. There Clam Chowder is homemade and so good that my husband (who professes to not like it) even orders a bowl of it....this is the only Clam Chowder I have ever seen him try,,,much less like enough to order it. And there are not words to describe how good their Halibut Fish and Chips are here.....they are pricey for the portion...but man are they WORTH it...the only thing I do not like is their Coleslaw...but that is so minor. I just whip up a salad for myself back at the cabin....we usually do not eat here because it is so small and crowded much of the time. The owner of Luna's has a fishing boat....you can not hope to get fish any fresher than that!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We come to this part of the Oregon coast a couple times each year. We first tried the Luna Sea a few years ago. Food ok, prices high, service gruff. After reading some recent reviews that suggested that this place had improved we went back last night. NEVER AGAIN. its winter so we got one of the few tables as soon as we arrived. Good sign right? The waiter was nice, another good sign. I had the fish tacos; decent but bland. The halibut plate looked like a mistake. For $16 we received a couple of "mcnuggets" and a few fries. Oh, and a little cup of cabbage. (Not slaw, it was just cabbage.) It was like a small child's plate. This was ordered by a grown man. At least throw in some more fries or bread.
This place is tiny and we could hear every b!#ch and moan uttered by the woman preparing the food. She did not want to be there and we knew it. If she recognized a local she was nicer. We got the hint...tourists not welcome.
We left dissatisfied and angry. And poorer.
Drive 30 min north to the Chowder Bowl in Newport. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank JackFost
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This little hole in the wall is the real deal! You do need to wait a bit, but the owner and servers make you feel welcome all the while. The food is freshly caught and outstanding. Do yourself a favor and try the fish tacos! YUM! We will be back!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place is tiny, but we felt right at home with the welcoming tone of our waitress. The halibut fish and chips was fantastic! We had our baby with us and felt comfortable with her squeals and chattering. This place has great food and great service. We plan to go back!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I would have never found this place unless two different people had recommended it. It is quite small and a bit cramped, but the fish is outstanding! I had stopped in Lincoln City at a restaurant I had always loved and had their fried oysters the day before getting to Yachats, but they were a 1 compared to the 10 on the fried oysters I had at Luna Sea. I stayed in Yachats two nights, and ate here both nights. One night I had a salad with the fish, and it was not your typical salad- had nuts and fruit and was outstanding. I did find it interesting that the background music was babyboomer tunes, but since I am one I enjoyed it. The waiters who served me each evening were attentive and quite enjoyable to talk with. You don't need to eat anywhere else.