“Tried to eat there”

Luna Sea Fish House
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Tried to eat there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We walked in and all tables were full, we were asked if we would wait and we said yes having heard good things. We were patiently waiting when another couple came in. They were asked if they minded sharing a table. They said sure and were to be seated. They, the couple, looked at us and I said we weren't even asked if we would share a table and they, the couple, said well go ahead, and I said forget it we are out of here!!! I hate hate hate when someone who comes in after you gets seated/served first!! We will NOT be going back!!!!!

2 Thank LynneStill

Boothbay Harbor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise Kindness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My mom and I were in Yachats to celebrate her 92nd birthday. We ate lunch at Luna Sea and I mentioned that it was my mom's birthday and that she pined for a "good bowl of chowder", which she ordered. It was the best chowder we both had ever tasted. We came back the next day for lunch and were equally impressed with the fish tacos. The food was so good here, and the owner, Robert, and the waitress, Sam, were so kind to my mom and I. They went out of their way to make us both feel special on mom's birthday. We will definitely be back. A must stop if you are in Yachats. Thanks again Sam for the memory you made for my mom.
Deborah and Marjorie

• Visited November 2012
Milwaukie, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clam chowder with an attitude”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Slumgullion clam chowder is one of the best clam chowders we have ever eaten. Pooh Pooh to the nay sayers regarding cheese and seafood combinations. This recipe is incredible.

Visited November 2012
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Best Oysters I've had in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lunch at the Luna Sea Fish House in Yachats was wonderful. The fish was absolutely divine, but the oysters were the biggest, plumpest, juiciest little bivalves I have eaten since forever. Highly recommended. Small, cozy, friendly, with bright oilcloth on the tables. No. complaints. at. all.

• Visited November 2012
“Perfect Chowder on a Cold Rainy Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very small, cozy spot - but great food, and wonderful friendly staff. We enjoyed small salads and large bowls of chowder - deliciously hot, chunky chowder, lots of clam pieces (not minced) and potatoes. Perfect spot for quick dinner and catching the game on TV!

Visited October 2012