“Bed bugs!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
Alta Loma, California
“Bed bugs!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was going to go to Hampton inn which is about 15 to 20 miles away but the wife wanted closer hotel to the outlet... Check in and was offered the suite with a sofa bed. I asked Jorge the person that check us in. If the hotel is clean? Since this would be the very first time for us to stay in any La Quinta inn. He assured me that I have nothing to worry that all the rooms all are clean. The time we were there the hotel is going thru renovations....and it is looking very nice. So we got the room. At around 2 am... My wife was shocked to see our daughter was bitten by a bug.... I lifted the pillows I found 2 bugs....lifted another pillow and found another two.... I was so upset and went to the frond desk and ask Jorge to switched room...since it is too late to go to another hotel with 3 kids! He apologized to me and offered to a different room.... And we both checked the bed to make sure it is clean....so we did....in the morning I went to the front desk and speak to Stephanie...and said the manager or the GM wasn't there yet....she asked for the pictures of the bugs..so I showed her and we both went to the room but the room was being cleaned already....I told showed her the dead bugs and she collected them to show the GM.left the hotel and was to.d that Rita thenGM will call back....i also called the corporate about this and they assure me someone will call me ...around 11am Rita called and apologize to me...she also said she would comped the room. She also stated she actually went to the room and found more bugs....LOL...wow..... The room is very spacious....but outdated....and the breakfast is ok.... It was a full house and couldn't find table for us...so before you go to sleep there....check under your pillows and blankets..... Just saying...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Daniel M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay so much that we added an extra night!
The rooms were clean and the beds were good. Enjoyed the waffles and raisin bran! Just next door to the Outlet mall. Great value and nice management! I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Susan B
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is great stayed there multiple times . During times we just wanted to be there cause of the pool or when there were things being done to our home (remodolation) We are a big family so most time , actually every stay was in the suite(: great room ! super spacious, breakfast was yummy, staff was well not the happiest people but whatver.

Room Tip: first floor rooms not too loud.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On our way back from Ca. we cruised around the covered bridges of Oregon. This was a great stop-- clean, and in a safe location. The breakfast was good and they had plenty of room for dining-- something that is not always the case. La Quinta are reliably good in the west.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is an older property and is in need of updating. The carpets and paint were old and huge gaps under the room doors. The window air conditioner was ancient but worked. The bed and tv were updated and the linens looked new although one bed had some small brown stains on the sheet. Also the curtains do nothing to keep out the light due to it having window a/c. The flip side is that it was clean, had a heated pool for the kids and the price was right. If they give this place a little updating it would be much improved! If I was traveling through I would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
Best Western Woodburn
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
#2 of 8 in Wilsonville
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn? Share your experiences!