“Convienient, clean and comfortable.”

Best Western Woodburn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

After a long day on the road we just wanted a quiet clean place to sleep. Right off the highway but the desk clerk courteously offered a room on the "quieter" side. It was just what we needed and the continental breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank SukiWu
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear SukiWu,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We were happy to of provided you with a quiet room to rest after a long day on the road. It is our hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in Woodburn, Oregon.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank RALPH G

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I always read TA before checking into a hotel but because Woodburn only has 4 hotels and we hated our stay at the (not) so Super 8, we thought the BW was an improvement.
And we have stayed here at least 4 times and always get put in the SAME room 102 so thought all rooms were the same.
Imagine my surprise and horror to read here that some rooms have pillow top mattresses, new flat screen Tvs with HD, larger rooms and are quieter.
Meanwhile, here I type listening to the next door rooms TV through the , yes, VERY paper thin walls.
Why, when I am a repeat guest and BW member, wouldn't the front desk ask me if I would like to stay in the rooms with better mattress, newer TV, and are larger? I didn't request anything in particular except " non smoking". I must look like a sucker.
AND, to add insult to this stay, I just found a strange white pill on the carpet by the bed. I googled it and it is ulcer or GERD medicine but what if a child had stayed here and found it, or any pill , on the floor? Obviously, the housekeeping missed this in cleaning our room.
I guess my main beef is that when the price is nearly $10 more than last year when I stayed here, I would like to know my money bought me something.. So when I find out on TA that I could've asked for a room with updates (and I would argue that I should have been OFFERED one) when I checked in at 2:30 pm on a Monday Oct 29, and didn't get one AND find a pill on the floor,....needless to say, I am very disappointed.
At least I got some good deals at the outlet mall.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Remydiva
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apology for the misconception. It was never our intent to make you feel as though we do not care.

We were recently in transition from tube televisions to flat screen televisions. This transition took 6 days and was completed October 31, 2012. During the transition we had as many as 30 rooms blocked off each night due to television installation and television storage. During the time of our transition we did not offer any of our guests a room with a pillow top bed and flat screen television as an attempt to upgrade.

Noise can be heard from other rooms at times. The Attendant at the Front desk is always willing to contact the people in the room next to yours to ask them to keep the noise down. Just let us know and we will resolve the noise issue.

Please know that the housekeeping department has been notified of the pill found in the room. They are taking this seriously. They will take more action to clean and inspect each guest room to ensure there are no items left behind from the previous guests.

Each year we are required to pay more for labor and supplies. Our room prices rise to make up for the rising prices of labor and supplies.

We value your patronage and appreciate your loyalty to Best western as a Best Western Rewards Member. I want you to know that we would never intentionally limit you to first floor. We ask upon check in if you have a floor preference, if you have no preference we place you in the first available room. We will assign rooms according to requests, away from freeway, close to pool, next to elevator ect.

To make certain you are given a room that has the modification of a pillow top bed and flat screen television I have made a note under your name in the computer to place you on third floor during your next stay. This is the only floor that has both features, However the standard rooms are all the same size. Third floor tends have less noise because there are no guest rooms above.

It is my hope that you revisit to reevaluate our services.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights to do outlet shopping. Hotel is just off I-5 with a somewhat confusing access road (shared by an entrance to a Walgreen's and a driveway to a Denny's). Staff at check-in & check-out very pleasant & helpful. Room clean, king bed comfortable. Never was able to get the heating/cooling unit under the window to regulate a steady temp. To say the walls are paper thin is an understatement. On one side, could quite clearly hear the male guest noisly use the bathroom (ugh): on the other side, the guest's TV was apparently tuned to the same channel as mine, so I had "surround sound" in my room. Woke at around 5 AM next morning to a very strong smell of what I thought was burnt popcorn. A minute or so later the hotel fire alarm loudly sounded. Jumped out of bed with my heart racing, grabbed my coat & purse & went across the hall to pound on my friend's door. Fire doors in the hall were closed. A male guest a few doors down came into the hall & yelled that he would go down to the desk. My friend & I were headed to the fire exit when the man reappeared & said the clerk had told him everything was OK. The alarm then shut off & the night clerk came to open the hallway fire doors. I asked what happened, & she said she'd burnt the tortillas she was making for the breakfas burritos! I asked where the fire department was & she said "oh, they called, but I told them what happened." The next morning, again around 5 AM, I woke to the same smell! My friend said she had too. When I later went down to breakfast, biscuits were in a warming pan, so I assumed the early morning smell had come from grease left over from the previous morning. To top it all off, the breakfasts really are just average.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear 77gingergirl,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Best Western Woodburn Inn. We anticipate an improved access road within the next year when the Park and Ride Project begins. We very much appreciate the kind compliments you gave about our staff and accommodations.

I apologize for the lack of temperature control in the room, We are replacing the dial units with digital units one by one. We have added hot items to our breakfast menu, I apologize we set off the fire alarm cooking breakfast. We continually strive to make improvements to our Breakfast menu. It is my hopes that you will give us a second chance to earn your loyalty

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I entered the name Best Western Woodburn and my GPS directed me to the Super 8 motel! Woops! To find it look for the Denny's. It's right next door to Denny's.
This is a wonderful hotel. It sits perpendicular to the freeway. Consequently some rooms sit closer to the freeway than others. My room was immaculate and quiet.
Housekeeping deserve extra praise in this hotel. All the towels were folded perfectly as were the toilet paper and tissues.
I use a C-pap machine, and liked the electric outlet in the base of the lamp to plug my C-pap machine in to.
It carries a 3 star rating which I disagree with, since it has no restaurant on premises.

Room Tip: rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of our accommodations. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I apologize about the GPS taking you to Super 8, I am happy to see you found your way. I agree, our housekeepers are the BEST! I'm glad that the outlets on the lamps came into good use for you. We do not have an onsite restaurant but we do have a Denny's next door, and an Elmer's, Shari's and Mexican and Chinese restaurants in the area.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

There have been some previous reviews about the hard beds, so we tried to get a room on the 3rd floor where the beds are upgraded, but we couldn't have one because of travelling with a pet. The bed was firm but perfectly fine and comfortable, up-to-date, with clean and comfortable linens and pillows. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The carpet was stained and a source of extensive interest to our dog, who sensed that it had been used as a toilet for a great many previous canines. We stay in hotels a lot with our dog, and this is not the case everywhere, so it indicates a lack of deep cleaning in the pet designated rooms. It is unfortunate that pet owners allow their pets to have accidents, but it can't be helped and is supposed to be covered by the extra pet fee paid. I kept my socks on. The free light breakfast was standard for this type of hotel but not as good as other BW I have visited. Staff were friendly and helpful, but we didn't really need them for our one night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your review of our accommodations. Thank you for bringing to my attention the lack of cleanliness in the designated pet room you stayed in, I was unaware of this issue. I have assigned the pet rooms to be cleaned by our carpet cleaning company so that the problem with be resolved. Thank you for your compliments you gave about our friendly staff, It was our pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nothing really to rave or complain about...it's your typical 3-stars chain hotel. Room was clean, beds were ok, front desk was fine, a bit of noise from highway and neighbours (thin walls/floors), and continental breakfast was average. It worked well for us since we were mainly there to shop at Woodburn and got there late afternoon, and it'd have been a pain to travel back towards Portland to stay overnight and go back again the next day, since the traffic both ways on the I-5 can be horrendous. Overall fine for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: We were next to the elevator...didn't bother to change but should have as you can definitely hea...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our accommodations. We were happy to of got the chance to accommodate you. We are located close to the Woodburn Company Stores, and would like you to keep us in mind for your hotel needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn
Quality Inn Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
#4 of 8 in Wilsonville
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn

Been to Best Western Woodburn? Share your experiences!