“Nice hotel, uncomfortable blankets and pillows”

Best Western Woodburn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
canada
“Nice hotel, uncomfortable blankets and pillows”
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice, with basic best western features. But I was disappointed with the sheets and blanket and pillows. The bed was very comfortable but the blanket was a fleece in between two sheets which is rare for a best western. I had the same thing at an econolodge. I am now staying at a quality inn with a duvet.

If you don't mind the blankets and small square pillows, it's a fine hotel.

1 Thank ponywal
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Best Western Woodburn Inn. I apologize you did not find comfort in our new Triple Sheet bedding. All Best Westerns are using Triple Sheeting on the beds, I prefer triple sheeting for the modern look and the cleanliness. The sheets on top of and under the fleece blanket are washed after each guest checks out, where the quilted comforters and duvets are not washed after each guest checks out. Best Westerns are implementing an Ultra Clean program using remotes without the grooved buttons, triple sheeting beds and an advanced deep cleaning process to make certain our rooms are Ultra clean. It is my hope that in knowing this you will give Best Westerns another chance to prove our significance.

Heather Usrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here back in December 25th for boxing day sales at The Woodburn Outlets. The front desk clerk was absolutely friendly, welcoming and treat you like you're a valued customer.

Location is great as Denny's is just a short walk from the hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean and Wi-Fi is good. Breakfast is alright with lots a variety of pastries and a waffle maker.
I've stayed here twice in 8 months and will return in December again. This hotel is the only hotel that I will stay in when I am in Woodburn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am so happy we did our part in making you feel valued as a customer. All of our staff are freindly, and willing to help whatever the need may be. We truley appreciate your loyalty, We wait to welcome you in December.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great customer service, clean, close to great shopping and basic needs. Wish there was a better selection of food for breakfast it seamed to be only waffles, assorted breads, and cereal. Need fresh coffee in the late afternoon.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Best Western Woodburn Inn. We offer a deluxe Continental Breakfast, and are always open to suggestions of items you would like to see on our menu. We use your suggestions to improve our accommodations.
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

The Woodburn B.W. location is conveniently located right off the freeway. There is plenty of parking with elevator entrance to the interior rooms. The rooms are clean and spacious. Jacuzzi had a sign that it was broken, but other guests still went in. My kids enjoyed the pool after a long car ride. Fast food options across the street but we drove to Mt. Angel for German food. The exercise room had one treadmill an elliptical and bike. There was a nice flat screen tv, ac, towels and a bathroom. One of the larger fitness rooms in my travels. The continental breakfast was nice and it was in a large enough room with plenty of seating. The lady working the breakfast area made sure everything was stocked and was friendly. Good experience and if I ever travel to Woodburn again, I would not hesitate to stay or recommend this Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review of our accommodations. We strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for expressing your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Woodburn, Oregon.
canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

All the front desk people over our stay were outstanding one who stood out was Beatrice. All the staff was happy friendly helpful. The hotel was clean beds comfortable. No bugs! I always check! LOcation was just off the highway and across from a big outlet mall. I think the only improvement that could have been made was a quieter air conditioner but it worked and that mattered. We have a large family and were all accomodated in one room at a good price. Will Definatly make this a regular hotel on our road trips!!

• Stayed August 2012
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your positive review or your recent stay. I appreciate each and every compliment you gave about our friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. I will personally thank Beatrice for her excellent Customer Service she provided. We strive to make every guest satisfied. We look forward to welcoming you to Woodburn Oregon.

Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family checked my husband and I in so I couldn't tell you if the hotel check in staff were nice but I know they didn't complain about them. The room was very clean with the minor flaw that the phone had coffee or soda spilled in the mouth piece end and it was sticky. The bed however was very very hard. For the most part Best Western beds have a "middle of the road" softness to them. Not too hard, but not so soft you get sucked in. It was as if it was a piece of plywood had been laid down and then a mattress pad on top of that followed by the sheets. If you are the kind of person the likes these types of beds then this is the place for you. The continental breakfast was very good. They offered waffles, which I love! The down fall is they ask that you stay in the meeting room to eat it and when the entire hotel is in there making breakfast there isn't a place to sit. So my husband went out the back door and went up the side stairs. The last thing is the pool was a little small which made it hard to enjoy when you have 40 people jumping all around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at The Best Western Woodburn Inn. I am so glad you found our accommodations to your satisfaction. It is our intent to make every guests stay a memorable one. I will alert my housekeeping team about the concern of soda on the telephone to ensure this does not happen in the future. Our beds are firm, we took this into consideration when making plans to update, new pillow top beds are currently on third floor rooms and soon to be in all guest rooms. Thank you for your compliments you gave us on our breakfast choices. It seems that a majority of our guests join us for Breakfast so we often have many people in our Breakfast room at one time. We have a good sized outdoor pool that everyone enjoys, it does get a little crowded. We hope to see you the next time you travel through the green state of Oregon!

Assistant Manager
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Nice close location to the outlet mall, signage to the hotel is lacking, rooms are nice, clean. Staff are friendly. Bath towels, time to replace them, kind of ruff and small, air conditioning very noisy, and pillows, kind of small. Overall average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are close to the Woodburn Company Stores , all of the stores are tax free! We have plans to place a sign at our entrance after the Park and ride development is complete. Thank you for the compliments you gave about our friendly staff and nice clean rooms. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Woodburn, Oregon. I apologize for the quality of the bath towels that were provided, I have alerted my Executive Housekeepers and they will be on the look out to replace the worn towels. Maintenance has been notified and will repair the noisy Air conditioner. I have talked with the Housekeeping team and from now on they will not squish pillows into pillowcases to make them small . Thank you again for your review, the areas of concern that you mentioned will be improved.

Heather Usrey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Quality Inn Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
#4 of 8 in Wilsonville

Been to Best Western Woodburn? Share your experiences!