“Clean, pleasant experience.”

Best Western Woodburn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
“Clean, pleasant experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

The Woodburn B.W. location is conveniently located right off the freeway. There is plenty of parking with elevator entrance to the interior rooms. The rooms are clean and spacious. Jacuzzi had a sign that it was broken, but other guests still went in. My kids enjoyed the pool after a long car ride. Fast food options across the street but we drove to Mt. Angel for German food. The exercise room had one treadmill an elliptical and bike. There was a nice flat screen tv, ac, towels and a bathroom. One of the larger fitness rooms in my travels. The continental breakfast was nice and it was in a large enough room with plenty of seating. The lady working the breakfast area made sure everything was stocked and was friendly. Good experience and if I ever travel to Woodburn again, I would not hesitate to stay or recommend this Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for your review of our accommodations. We strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for expressing your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Woodburn, Oregon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

All the front desk people over our stay were outstanding one who stood out was Beatrice. All the staff was happy friendly helpful. The hotel was clean beds comfortable. No bugs! I always check! LOcation was just off the highway and across from a big outlet mall. I think the only improvement that could have been made was a quieter air conditioner but it worked and that mattered. We have a large family and were all accomodated in one room at a good price. Will Definatly make this a regular hotel on our road trips!!

• Stayed August 2012
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your positive review or your recent stay. I appreciate each and every compliment you gave about our friendly, helpful staff and clean rooms. I will personally thank Beatrice for her excellent Customer Service she provided. We strive to make every guest satisfied. We look forward to welcoming you to Woodburn Oregon.

Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family checked my husband and I in so I couldn't tell you if the hotel check in staff were nice but I know they didn't complain about them. The room was very clean with the minor flaw that the phone had coffee or soda spilled in the mouth piece end and it was sticky. The bed however was very very hard. For the most part Best Western beds have a "middle of the road" softness to them. Not too hard, but not so soft you get sucked in. It was as if it was a piece of plywood had been laid down and then a mattress pad on top of that followed by the sheets. If you are the kind of person the likes these types of beds then this is the place for you. The continental breakfast was very good. They offered waffles, which I love! The down fall is they ask that you stay in the meeting room to eat it and when the entire hotel is in there making breakfast there isn't a place to sit. So my husband went out the back door and went up the side stairs. The last thing is the pool was a little small which made it hard to enjoy when you have 40 people jumping all around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at The Best Western Woodburn Inn. I am so glad you found our accommodations to your satisfaction. It is our intent to make every guests stay a memorable one. I will alert my housekeeping team about the concern of soda on the telephone to ensure this does not happen in the future. Our beds are firm, we took this into consideration when making plans to update, new pillow top beds are currently on third floor rooms and soon to be in all guest rooms. Thank you for your compliments you gave us on our breakfast choices. It seems that a majority of our guests join us for Breakfast so we often have many people in our Breakfast room at one time. We have a good sized outdoor pool that everyone enjoys, it does get a little crowded. We hope to see you the next time you travel through the green state of Oregon!

Assistant Manager
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Nice close location to the outlet mall, signage to the hotel is lacking, rooms are nice, clean. Staff are friendly. Bath towels, time to replace them, kind of ruff and small, air conditioning very noisy, and pillows, kind of small. Overall average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are close to the Woodburn Company Stores , all of the stores are tax free! We have plans to place a sign at our entrance after the Park and ride development is complete. Thank you for the compliments you gave about our friendly staff and nice clean rooms. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Woodburn, Oregon. I apologize for the quality of the bath towels that were provided, I have alerted my Executive Housekeepers and they will be on the look out to replace the worn towels. Maintenance has been notified and will repair the noisy Air conditioner. I have talked with the Housekeeping team and from now on they will not squish pillows into pillowcases to make them small . Thank you again for your review, the areas of concern that you mentioned will be improved.

Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This Hotel was our 10th on our NW USA tour and somewhat disappointing. First off photos can be disceiving. Its not out in the country as their photo suggests but sits alongside an abandoned development with long grass. As such it was a little bit difficult knowing just how to access the hotel from the road.

We had a friendly welcome in the airy lobby but the coffee had run out. Reception picked up on this but I would have thought this should have been a high priority task during the late afternoon checkin period. Decafe & Vanilla however users would have been in luck. Perhaps two flasks of standard coffee would solve the problem.

The room was bright and clean and the shower was also great but we were let down with the firm bed. Felt like a foam rubber. While the room rate was very good I'd be happy to pay a little more to get the inner spring. The room WiFi worked well.

Breakfast was above average but this was the first and only hotel of 15 we stayed in this trip we'd seen a notice in the breakfast room stating "dine in Only". Now everyone likes to take an apple or a muffin away for later consumption. Its part of the Best Western breakfast experience. Perhaps the intent was to stop people from taking food back to their room but regardless the notice should be clearer and not insulting. I felt like I was being watched.

Room Tip: Wooden floors so best upstairs. South Eastern side to be farthest away from the I-5 which is very cl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We use your suggestions to improve our accommodations as we strive to make every stay enjoyable. We are located behind a vacant lot that Oregon Department of Transportation has purchased with the intent to build a park and ride that incorporates a bus pick up location. This development will begin in the Spring of 2013. Upon completion of the Park and Ride development we will be allowed to place a sign at our entrance to direct you in to our drive way. I apologize for the lack of attention to the complimentary coffee, this is not the type of service we want you to remember when you think of us. We are replacing the firm beds with pillow top beds one floor at a time. During your next tour of the Great Northwest please ask us for a room with a pillow top bed and we will make sure you get a comfortable nights sleep. We have friendly Breakfast Attendants and a cozy Breakfast Room to accommodate a Dine in Deluxe Continental Breakfast. We hope to see you the next time you are in Woodburn, Oregon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is the 4th Best Western I've stayed in over a two week period I consider it one of the best. The staff was friendly and helpful the room was clean, cool and quiet. Location was perfect for my trip. I would stay here again

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction in our services. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Woodburn, Oregon. I am so happy that we could provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations. Stop in and stay with us the next time you travel through Oregon

Heather
Sedro Woolley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am a Best Western fan, and have stayed in them all over, even in Istanbul, Turkey, and have never had a worse experience anywhere than at this hotel. The bed is so hard that we were in pain the entire night. The floor would have been more comfortable!!!!! Keep going down the road if you want some rest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the discomfort you found in our beds. We are replacing our Firm mattresses with pillowtop mattresses. Upon making reservations please ask that you be placed into a room with new matresses and we will make your next stay more comfortable. Thank you for the high rankings you gave us on our customer service, hotel cleanliness, and value for price paid. It is my hope that you will return the next time you are in Woodburn, Oregon.

Heather
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
#1 of 8 in Wilsonville

Been to Best Western Woodburn? Share your experiences!