“Why stay (or eat) anyplace else?”
Review of Wolf Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolf Creek
Wolf Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wolf Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2010

One of the things I look foward the most to when my wife and I drive from Seattle down to California is staying at the Wolf Creek Inn (75 miles north of the CA border in Oregon).

I was alone on this trip (driving my wife's car down to LA for her to use) and got to the Inn around 5:30 pm. They had my reservation and Mark the manager was fantastic. I checked in, loved my clean and charming room that reflected the character of this old hotel. My dinner was outstanding (flat iron steak) and reasonable. Service was friendly but not too formal. Breakfast was included which again was excellent and more than I could eat.

What I love most about the Inn is its character and with that you also get friendly service, clean rooms, great food all at what I consider a really reasonable price ($75, no tax and comes with breakfast).

When traveling around the CA/OR border make this a must place to either stay and/or eat during your travels.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Wolf Creek Inn (Tavern) is a wonderful place to stay in Oregon. Located just off I-5, the Inn is a historical gem. Each room is lovingly decorated in period furnishings, but with modern conveniences (private bathrooms). The breakfast which comes with the very reasonably priced room was excellent. Everything was fresh and tasty. Our dinner was good too. There are many ghost story encounters centered around the Inn, which I thought added to the fun. We didn't have any "ghostly" experiences, which is good because I'm not thrilled about meeting a ghost.

Highly recommend the Inn to travelors. The Inn keepers and wait staff are all one family, and there are very nice and welcoming. The grounds around the Inn are lovely, and there is lots of hiking and fishing nearby. We stayed on our way to California from Seattle. Perfect place to stay to break up the drive to California. Grants Pass is just 10 minutes down the freeway.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank planningobsessor
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Well received, smaller rooms but very adequate. Had an interesting walk but the area is rather under developed. Ate at the attached dining room, meal was adequate but certainly not inspired. Enjoyed a game of scrabble on the patio before bed (no TV), the sitting rooms are not cozy. Drew back the bedcovers to jump into bed and found that our bed linens had not been changed. Contacted the manager who was off-site and she offered us a different room or to have the linens changed. We opted for the second and she promptly remade the bed with fresh linens. Problem quickly addressed but should not have happened in the first place. Good help is hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tedj
Reviewed August 16, 2010

For anyone who appreciates history this is a great stop especially considering the enthusiasm the innkeepers have to tell you all about the inn's past. We happened upon this hotel by a fluke and were thrilled to get the last room in the place. At $95/night including an actual sit down breakfast it's excellent value. I would have liked to have had more time to lounge around the place, peruse the artifacts and poke around a bit. The innkeepers keep the doors of any unoccupied rooms open so you can have a peek. Breakfast was very nice with excellent service. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi.

Our room was filled with antiques and reasonably authentic with the exception of the bathroom which was fairly standard. Our room was a little small for those planning on hanging out in their room for any length of time. The only problem we experienced was the the place can be a bit noisy with creaky floors and not a lot of sound proofing built into the ceiling (for those on the bottom floor). I'm heavy sleeper so this didn't cause a problem for me but I can imagine that it could for any light sleepers out there. With that one caveat I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

Liked: Friendly staff, historic nature of accommodations, unique place including good breakfast for $95
You might not like: the creaky floors, small rooms

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Delilahs_Dad
Reviewed March 16, 2010

The Wolf Creek Inn is located just off of Interstate 5 in Wolf Creek Oregon. Built in the late 1800s as a stage stop, the Inn has been recently remodled with ammenities like central heat and air and fire sprinklers as well as new beds, bathrooms and rugs. There are 9 rooms with bathroom in each. The Inn has a good restaurant. We selected the plan which included breakfast and dinner. The hosts, Mark and Margret Quist, are wonderful. Mark has great stories about the inn and Margret runs everything else. There is no TV, no radio, no phones in rooms...although there is wireless internet. The Inn looks and feels like the stage stop it was, but a lot more comfortable. There is a casino 10 miles north if you want gambling and night life, but the Inn itself is delightfully quiet and serene.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed for one night at the Wolf Creek Inn while vacationing in the Pacific Northwest (headed from San Francisco to Portland). After a foggy & winding drive through the redwood forest, the cozy inn was just what we needed to relax. Our room rate (# 9, the Clarke gable suite) included dinner & breakfast- excellent deal.
The food was delicious & the menu full of choices. Service was attentive & friendly. The quality of the meals was a welcome surprise & probably the highlight of our stay.
Common areas were beautiful & cozy, but not fancy. We played checkers in the Ladies Parlor until late. Fireplaces were lovely as well.
Our room was large, beautifully furnished with antiques, but it was a bit dusty. The large bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was just ok, the towels were thin. With a good bathroom renovation (or even just a switch to high quality towels & a good scrubdown), this room would be 4 stars.
Overall, Wolf Creek Inn was a bargain & very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I have eaten lunch here several times, but this last time when we discovered some rooms were available, we spontaneously decided to stay the night. It was a perfect finish to a hectic vacation, a romantic and historic inn near the gorgeous Rogue River in Oregon. The owner, Margaret, is one of the sweetest hostesses you'd ever want to meet, and her love for the place really comes across. She made us feel very welcome, even in the midst of a hectic and unexpected crowd that descended at dinner time. The food is outstanding, and a hearty breakfast was included in the very reasonably priced lodging cost. For lunch, we were offered pastries instead of the usual bread starter! Yum! (One can purchase a spiral-bound cookbook of their signature dishes.)

The rooms are furnished in period style that is more "homey" than fussy Victorian frou-frou. We found our room quite clean. There are no amenity frills -- no TV, internet service or phones in the rooms -- but one can easily relax in the parlor downstairs with books and comfortable chairs, a piano, games and tables.

Do be aware that as with many older buildings the floors are creaky and door squeaky; noise could be bothersome, especially during daytime hours when dining guests are allowed to tour the hotel and look into some display rooms. Also, some of the older (brass) bedsteads do creak and are not as firm as one might like so if this could be problematic, do inquire ahead as to your best bed options.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Wolf Creek Inn? Share your experiences!