All reviewsclark gablebreakfast was includedperfect place to stayan overnight stayhot waterbed was comfortablerogue riversuiteportlandfireplacehosts
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This historic inn has charm and period furniture (no tv). I found it quiet and restful. There is a historic Applegate Trail small museum in the vicinity. I loved the restaurant.
It is part of the state park system and it is run on 5 year leases, The previous lessor only had it open several days of the week, so people lost interest in going there. We heard nothing about breakfast being included or 2 for 1 rates. We were charged winter rates. Maybe reviews should be dated. Our chef had been there 6 months.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I cannot fathom why people travel on I-5 and stay in a motel in Grant's Pass or Eugene when they could stay in a mid-nineteenth century historic inn. Wolf Creek Inn is on the national register of historic places and is owned by the state of Oregon. The place is layered in history. It was a coaching inn, Jack London wrote during a stay here, and many notables, including Clark Gable, stayed here. The rooms are comfortable, furnished with historic pieces, and the beds are covered with pretty quilts. The service is impeccable, and the food is good. Breakfast is included, and there is a two-for-one dinner for overnight guests. I will stay here every time I drive I-5. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book ahead. There were ample rooms when we booked, but the inn does schedule special events, and rooms could fill quickly.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GraycatbirdHHH
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a lovely old house, the rooms clean and "period". The bed was double not queen and so far off the floor that I had to really climb to get onto it, not a complaint just how it is. Narrow stairway to 2nd floor. We had dessert in the evening and it was very good, a little pricey but they donate 1/2 the price to their local women and children's charity program. It is half price between 4 and 5pm. Breakfast is included but I had to send my eggs back so they could finish cooking them. They did and it was fine. My husband loved his blintzes. It is in one of the drier areas, we went for a walk around the Inn but were disappointed there was not much to see. The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Journey809690
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I came here with my boyfriend and his sister on a Saturday evening over Labor Day weekend. His family lives in the area. He had been to Wolf Creek Inn for dinner on several occasions and spoke highly of it. I was visiting. He said this recent experience was the worst that he ever had and the experience has varied over the years. We ordered the prime rib and the meatloaf. Both were completely over salted. The prime rib was rare, not medium rare. The waitress did not refill our water even after I asked. Another waitress did complete the task when I walked back to the kitchen area to ask her for water. To her credit she insisted on filling the glasses herself although I offered to do it if they could just give me the pitcher. With all that salt, it was pretty painful to sit there with empty water glasses. Overall, the atmosphere is quaint, the setting is nice outside, but the food was pretty bad and pretty expensive. I wouldn't even take a doggy bag and I certainly would not go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coolkitti
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here in August in two bedrooms facing each other and with a fold out bed for our third child which was very accomodating of the owners. The rooms were tastefully decorated in keeping with the style of the establishment, and the food was perfect. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family