All reviews clark gable breakfast was included perfect place to stay an overnight stay hot water bed was comfortable rogue river suite portland fireplace hosts
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was a surprise stopover from my husband on a SF to Vancouver trip in June. I absolutely adore Clarke Gable and he managed to look the very room Clarke stayed when he escaped Hollywood.

The Inn was just amazing with lovely management. They have made amazing use of the history associated with the building and every room is a treasure. We had dinner in the restaurant which was so wonderful and incredibly delicious. We had an even better treat in that a lovely local family had paid a small band to serenade them during dinner and we and the other guests were invited to join.

An absolute must to anyone headed through this neck of the woods! Oh, and if the young lady in Grants Pass reads this .. You should make yourself more aware of the treasures that lie right on your doorstep. Truly an amazing place!

Room Tip: Pick Clarke Gabels room. Robert Redfood has also stayed here .... Nothing has been remodelled and there is something to say for getting into bed where such distingusihed guests have layed their heads!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeamHLondon
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stopped in as we were passing through and LOVED the place - the food was INCREDIBLE. This place has the best fried chicken we've ever eaten and the spaghetti dinner was so yummy. Portions are huge and service is fantastic and SO quick. We will be back!! LOVED IT!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kimmielovestraveling
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I looked around for lodging during a long road trip from Tacoma, WA to Atlanta, GA and found this inn located conveniently along my route South from WA. It was my first stop in my trip.
I had read the reviews about it and was expecting a good experience. Even before starting my trip, my impression was very favorable. I contacted Margaret via email to inquire about the inn, and made a reservation very informally and easily without even giving any credit card information or anything else like that! Very friendly and down to earth.

I arrived to the inn early in the evening but after dark. Tired and sore from driving a 20 yr old roadster from Tacoma. I was met by Mark the innkeeper who was very nice and told me a bit about the inn and showed me to my room.

I really liked the room, it was clean, spacious, had it's own bathroom and was not cluttered by overstuffed furniture, knickknacks and other dusty items common to so many B&Bs. In was very happy with the bed as well and how quiet the inn was.

As they still were serving dinner, I went to the dining room and ordered some soup and french fries for a snack. The menu featured a lot of meat dishes and various tasty sounding burgers, etc. However, it was not an ideal menu for me as I prefer to eat more simply prepared food and not so much meat or rich sauces. I cannot report on the food except for the clam chowder and french fries which were decent enough.

The price (a bargain at $85), included breakfast and after a good night's sleep I took advantage of of the breakfast of eggs & bacon and a side of oatmeal, which was very good, well prepared and tasty. The service was excellent and the server was extremely polite, kind and very helpful.

I did not get a chance to visit the town or stay around for sight seeing or enjoying other activities. However, my stay was quite satisfactory and I would definitely return to the Wolf Creek inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank traveller2Atlanta_GA
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed at the Inn during a drive from California to Portland. Good location-close to the freeway, but barely perceptible noise. The room was very comfy-great mattress!
I was a little disappointed with the food. The clam chowder did not have a lot of clams, and was more mushroomy in taste-which would have been fine if it had not been advertised as chowder. The mushroom ravioli, I really did not like. It was ravioli swimming in a greasy pile of garlic and fried mushrooms. Thankfully, they ave me a salad which was tasty.
As I was leaving before breakfast, they got me a coffee maker so that I could caffineate myself up before heading out the door.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Raj S
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is an Oregon State Parks site and they have done an amazing job restoring this charming Inn. Try to stay in the Clark Gable/Carol Lombard Suite, though all the rooms are nicely furnished. The furnishings are original to the room. Let the staff fill you in on the history. The visit was even more interesting to me since Gable was born in the same small Ohio town as my grandmother.

There is plenty of rustic charm, excellent food, lovely and friendly staff, a great place to stop and smell the roses. The service is a little leisurely but the slow pace gives you time to enjoy your companion's company or strike up a conversation with your fellow diners. The Parks system is starting the project of restoring Golden, a near by Ghost Town. Several episodes of were filmed here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple