“Great home style cooking ....”

Wolf Creek Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Wolf Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone 541-866-2474
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Noticed the National Historic signs for Wolf Creek Inn and were glad we stopped for lunch. My husband had the grilled cheese with real ham and I tried the roasted turkey open face with real mashed potatoes. Both were excellent, with very large portions. No room for desert. Our meals were served quickly and the staff was very friendly, encouraging us to tour the historic lodge and see the Pickford and Clark Gable rooms.
The hotel closes one month in the winter for maintenance , around February so you may want to check before going out of your way to visit.

There are newer reviews for Wolf Creek Inn Restaurant

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant in the historical Wolf Creek Inn makes an incredibly great punctuation mark to this location. The food is wonderful, the service was warm, inviting and knowledgeable.
If ever in your plans-visit the Inn and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant serves down home cookin' in a relaxed friendly atmosphere. I had fried chicken there like I had not tasted in decades. It's an easy swing off I-5 so I'd definitely recommend stopping by for good food in this historic inn.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Dad googled the exit off I-5 and this place came up. We talked about it often and finally went. The food was amazing. Absolutely amazing. The portions were more than plentiful so we all had great leftovers the next day. The chowder was LOADED with clams. The rolls and biscuits were homemade and the butter wasn't frozen. The fried chicken was crispy and juicy. The mashed potatoes were thick and delicious. The steaks were big and cooked exactly as asked. The cheese sticks were actually crunchy which I never find so I was very pleased. The marionberry crumble was SO good. Not overly sweet or tart. The service was wonderful. I will be going back there often.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

There are a number of I-5 freeway signs about Wolf Creek Inn both north and south of Exit 76 in southern Oregon. I don't know how many times I've driven right past it, noticing the "National Register of Historic Places" designation. But I never realized that it's an eating establishment until some friends mentioned that it's their all-time favorite destination restaurant between Ashland and Portland.
We went there for lunch on a lovely (hot!) day. The outdoor patio wasn't open for serving, but the darkish rustic interior was actually exactly what we needed to relax and escape the heat of our long drive. Their menu is pretty standard typical-American fare, but from what I can tell, every single item on it is top quality. The fried chicken is SO wonderful -- the best I've ever eaten; (reason enough to return). We loved the French onion soup, the biscuits, the meatloaf sandwich, the pretty little salad with a choice of about six housemade dressings.
When you go, be sure to spend some time exploring and reading about the place. True Oregon Territory history. And say hello to the beautiful exotic silver Russian blue - he's very friendly and will curl up in your lap on the front porch bench if you let him.