“Almost Perfect”

Enchanted Umpqua River
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Winston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wildlife Safari is a non-profit AZA accredited zoological park dedicated to conservation, education and research since its inception in 1972. Wildlife Safari is a fun-filled family destination where you can view over 500 animals in their natural habitat roaming freely much as they do in the wild! Visitors to the park drive through a 4.5 mile trek to see animals from Africa, Asia and the America’s. This unique setting offers many opportunities to get up close and personal with animals large and small. The free Safari Village is home to over 100 unique animals, a petting zoo, beautiful gardens, the Gift Shop, Safari Village Café and the White Rhino Event Center.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The setting is nice. It starts with a walk around park witch includes reptiles, birds, cheetahs, a restaurant, very clean restrooms, a camel ride, a train ride, and more. I think that caging animals for the entertainment of humans is in its nature a cruel concept. However I believe this place is a step in the right direction. The animals here , for the most part are given considerations above that of a zoo,, semi free and they are fed during the day every two hours.

The Drive Through Safari is exceptional, up close and amazing. To have a giraffe standing right next to your car without a cage is an awesome experience.

I do recommend this attraction.

4  Thank ClintonUSA
There are newer reviews for Wildlife Safari

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Summer of 2012. My family and I traveled to Winston with the intention of going through the safari. It was more than we hoped for. We paid once, and were allowed to drive through twice. This allowed us to view more animals or look again for specific ones we wanted to see. The animals are mostly roaming free, and it is wonderful to see them out of cages in natural environments. It was an amazing experience, and we were all blown away! We even had a close encounter when an emu ran up to our car and was pecking at the window. It was really funny, and we will never forget it!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our friends and I enjoyed the drive through zoo experience because it is rare to take photos without looking through cage wires. I lived in Alaska and have seen many grizzly bears in Denali Park, but the view of the bears and animals in this safari experience offered more awesome picture taking opportunities, because we could stop our vehicle to take photos. This Safari trip was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Being an animal lover, I love drive through animal parks. Much better habitat than traditional zoos. It was great to have a huge giraffe walking around our car, not to mention the 2 rhinos. I would go again & totally recommend

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I took my two teen aged children and we had a blast. I've been to a "Safari" in Texas which was cool. but this one is so much better. Driving through you see so many animals roaming free. It does feel like you are on "safari". Some will get up close and personal. Especially the ostrich. They will stick their head right in your car looking for something to eat and they will try to eat anything!
I had the most fun after the drive part was done. We went back to the main part and they had park guides showing off different critters. My kids LOVED this part. I guess we picked the perfect time of year because all the animals had babies. We held a baby opossum (believe it or not it was SO cute!) a baby fox, and some other adorable babies and I got to take pictures of my kids sitting with a baby leopard.
The people working there are very informative and you can tell the enjoy what they do. The animals seemed well taken care of and we had a blast.
Don't pass up the chance to go!!