“Excellent sourdough”

Cuisines: Pizza
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Excellent sourdough”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Made a quick stop to pick up a loaf of sourdough bread that they back each morning. It is indeed very good sourdough bread!

Visited September 2013

“It's okay.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have tried several items from Sourdough Bakery: take and bake pizza, sandwich, cinnamon roll, and bagel. I will admit I'm a bit of a food snob, having said that the food is good but not incredible. The bagels aren't really bagels, they are more like a challa roll in bagel shape and they aren't really toasted. The sandwiches might be very good if it's toasted, but I'm not a fan of them untoasted. The topping selection for the sandwiches is very limited, but since this is a bakery that's ok. The pepperoni is very spicy on the pizzas. There are only certain options available, no build your own, and the veggies are soaked in olive oil so they don't crisp when you cook them. The cinnamon rolls are good, you can actually taste the cinnamon in them. I will probably continue to eat here occasionally, but it's not my number one pick.

• Visited September 2013
Reedsport, Oregon, United States
“The Aroma Of Fresh Baked Sourdough Is Irresistible”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been hearing about this place for over a year. The shame of it is that I live only a few miles down the road. Okay, we are admitted sourdough snobs. So, I am happy to tell you that Sourdough Bakery in Winchester Bay has fresh baked, delicious bread plus many other hard to resist edibles.
They have sandwiches. They have a computer you can go through and pick your options. This set up will make sure you don't get skipped over so the local fella can get his hoagie. It eliminates errors from poor penmanship and if they're out of something, the system won't try to sell it.
I wanted everything I saw. Soft salt water taffy in multiple flavors, terrific wine and brews selection, gourmet cheeses, deli cases full of delectable and unique cakes and butters to spread on the bread. They even have Take and Bake Pizza.
Then I saw it. It looked like spinach dip, but it was Spinach and Artichoke dip. It was creamy and firm, full of real cheeses and made on site. We purchased a fresh large round of sourdough still cooling from the oven and a container of the dip. Our helper told us to let it sit a minute to allow it to soften.
Outside were several picnic tables. Without intending to do it, we ate half the dip and half the round of bread. It is the best Spinach Dip ever. Ever. Winchester Bay is a small place, but don't miss the foods there. Check out Sourdough Bakery.

• Visited July 2013