“Not impressed.”
Review of Jt's Bbq

Jt's Bbq
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Brisket was mostly fat & very tough. Meat had a bad flavor of bbq fluid. The bacon jalapenos were ok. Not a stop i would make again.

3  Thank coliespeigel

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is right off the main road into the dunes. If you haven't ate... You need to stop! Amazing great food and nice people! We ate here several times during our trip.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Saw it on the way to go fishing and told my buddies, "Let's give that place a try after fishing today." Well that was probably the best idea I've had in a long time. The ribs were tender and tasty, and were also perfectly seasoned. The 'bark' was awesome and the sauce was a perfect compliment. The whole roasted chicken was pull apart tender and very juicy as well. Since I'm a very well versed home griller/BBQ guy, I can be pretty harsh on 'Q', but this was "Spot On" - the only thing I would do is juice up the beans (kinda bland). Oh yeah, you have to try the bacon wrapped anything!!!!! the Peppers are awesome!!!!!

Everyone driving by on Hwy 101 in Winchester should stop by and get a taste of the 'Q'.......I came all the way from Portland, and it was worth the trip!!!!!

2  Thank Uncle_Bub_SHS80
Reviewed July 7, 2013

There are signs, flags and Winchester Bay, Oregon is so small you may just pass JT's BBQ, but you realize it when it happens, so turn around and go back. You don't want to miss it.
There were no tables, but 2 blocks westward there are picnic tables and restrooms aplenty. It really doesn't matter, because he has the best danged BBQ from here to the deep south.
We were cruising through and turned around on a whim. JT gave us samples of meat so tender we couldn't decide. Ultimately, we purchased a combo sampler with a pulled pork sandwich on super soft roll, ribs, Tri-tip, homemade potato salad and extra containers of his BBQ sauce and Whiskey sauce. Super fantastic. I was just looking for a meaty snack, but the box of goods was more than dinner for two.
We have been back. Whole roasted chickens, folks. Yum.
He keeps tempting me with his bacon-wrapped jalapenos.
He has a huge smoker mounted on the custom-built kitchen trailer. It is a thing of beauty. Right now is peak time. I noticed on his facebook page he is open 7 days now.
Don't miss it. Get him to tell you his story.