“Great Place for Fish and Chips!”

Griff's on the Bay Restaurant & Seafood Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: When driving up the coast of Oregon, right past the Umpqua lighthouse, you come to Winchester Bay that is famous for crabbing. This is a little seafood restaurant owned by a family and it was SO fresh and tasty. It was well known by the locals and packed at lunch time. You need good stops like this when on long road trips with kids! It is right on the water too.
Medford, Oregon
“Great Place for Fish and Chips!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stopped here traveling down the Oregon Coast and was glad we did. We had great plates of combo fish and prawns and fish and calmari. The fish was lightly breaded and very fresh . . fantastic! The prawns were also lightly breaded and delicious! The calamari was very tender and excellent! They have awesome tartar sauce as well (I am very particular about my tartar sauce). It seems to be a family operated restaurant and the service was very pleasant. I will stop here again.

1 Thank jackiehamblin

Grasonville, Maryland, United States
“Nice Little Place on the Waterfront”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wife and I had lunch here. I had the fish & chips and my wife had the prawns & scallops. They use very little breading to coat the seafood, hence you get a great meal at a great price. My wife opted for the salad in lieu of fries and cole slaw. The salad featured small shrimp....nice touch. The view is nice and best of all....Oregon does not collect sales tax.

Roseburg, Oregon
“Delicious Seafood”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant just a couple of weeks ago when I had a yen for some seafood. Some would not care for the "ambiance" of the place, but I found it charming and on the rustic side, and the food was absolutely delicious. I tried the shrimp and calamari plate and thoroughly enjoyed my lunch.

northern california
“GREAT LITTLE PLACE”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were traveling down the coast and stopped in Winchester Bay for lunch and found this little
market/diner. It sets right on the harbor, great views, and friendly help. We had the cioppino and crab sandwich. Good portions and tasty food. Will go back if near by.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good fish”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped in here after trying to go to several other places that are apparently all closed on Monday and Tuesdays. Griff's though was open and we were very happy with the fish and chips. Really nice lightly breaded fish instead of a heavy batter.

Visited June 2013