“Home Away from Home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester Bay
Salmon Harbor Landing
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winchester Bay
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Quaint little motel rooms with more than what you needed to feel at home. All rooms are pet friendly without an additional charge, and in this case that does not mean the rooms suffer for it. The King-sized bed was amazingly comfortable. The simple decor and unique look to the room made us feel like we were staying in a guest room, not in a stuffy, sterile and cookie-cutter hotel room. The fireplace added to the ambiance and the staff (esp the owner Jean) was friendly and welcoming. We recommend this room with four enthusiastic thumbs up (and a wagging tail).

Room Tip: All rooms are pet-friendly at no additional charge! We stayed in Room 9.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trikatykid
There are newer reviews for Salmon Harbor Landing

Reviewed October 18, 2012

After trying to reserve at another place that insisted on charging a Pet Fee for my SERVICE DOG we happened to find out about the Salmon Harbor Landing. I called and spoke with the owner Jean about a reservation. Luckily with only a weeks notice she had room for us. We were supposed to stay in Room #8 the first night (has 2 queen beds with memory foam and a full kitchen) and room #3 the second night. Luckily for us when we got there she informed us that the person who was supposed to have room #3 the first night cancelled. We looked at both rooms and decided on staying in #3. She was a very sweet lady and very accommodating throughout our stay. She also charges no Pet Fees.. ever. We stayed here with my Service Dog and a small pet dog with no issues. Be careful about taking your dogs in the office. She has two yorkies and although she tried to keep them in her room they sometimes slip buy and the female (who has pups at the moment) is a very protective mommy and did nip at my SD a couple times. Jean quickly put her back in the room so I did not fault her for it.

Room #3 has two queen beds, a tv, fridge and microwave. It was the most comfortable sleep I have had. Plenty of room in one of the beds for two people (we traveled with 4 people). It can get pretty warm in there though if you have alt of people and even one or two pets. Made it hard to sleep the first night, the second night we turned off the fire-place and opened both windows and I was able to sleep just fine.

Was sad to leave and have to come back home. Really wanted to stay another night.

Highly highly recommend the Salmon Harbor Landing for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KF1212_12
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Spoke with Jean when we made reservations. She's the owner of the motel and was very informative as to their location and description of the 9 unit complex. The rate was good and the place was quite roomy besides being clean and comfortable. It is right off highway 101, so if you are sensitive to noise, I suggest you wear earplugs like I did. Never heard a sound. I'd consider having a good meal somewhere before you arrive, as we did not find much available for dining in that area. Other than that, I'm sure you will be as pleased as we were with the accomdations.

Room Tip: Sure did like unit #9.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lloydmax
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Gorgeous room, really cosy, clean and absolutely massive for the price. We had a gas fire and the bed was super comfortable. Owner was very friendly and helped us find our way around the area. Highly recommended place to stay to explore the Oregon coast.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean comfortable room We had an African motif....which accounts for the funky description. The owner is delightful and fun. Well located for your visit to the Oregon Dunes. Definitely not fancy, but if we ever return to the area, we will stay at Salmon Harbor Landing.

1  Thank Certiorari
Reviewed September 2, 2012

A charming hostess and a great room make for a very nice stay. Jean has taken a old motel and turned into a wonderful place .It is so much nicer than a chain.The room was so clean and the bed comfortable. I have owned a B&B for the last 25 yrs and tend to be a little judgmental. I will recommend Jean and the Salmon Harbor Landing to all my guests. Be sure and ask to see her adorable little dogs,they are so cute ,I wish I could have taken them home with me. Take my advice and stay at the Salmon Harbor Landing you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: We had room #9 with a king size bed
1  Thank phylzie
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Jean is a living doll with a passion for her little slice of heaven. Stayed two nights in two different rooms and both were great. Each room is different. Be sure to go to Jean's website and view the rooms. I felt like I was sleeping at grandma house. So clean you could eat on the floor, soft towells, pillow top beds, what more could you ask for. On top of it all, the value, outstanding price, great location and the sweetest lady you will ever meet. Jean brings old fashion value and service to Salmon Harbor Landing. Hugs and Kisses to you Jean and thumbs up on an outstanding lodging experience. Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place, all are outstanding
1  Thank Ron W
#3 of 4 in Reedsport
Fir Grove Motel
Fir Grove Motel
#2 of 4 in Reedsport

Been to Salmon Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!