“Worth the stay”

La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Curtious staff, convenient to shopping, dining and highway. I did have a minor incident with the room, but the staff responded appropriately and resolved the problem very quickly. I also received a signed note from the manager along with a basket of goodies. The response was more than expected or needed, but was much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2008

For its class (i.e. simple on-the-road accomodation) this property is quite good. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and best of all, they had hot breakfast in the morning (waffles you make yourself, and biscuits & gravy). We'd stay here again.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed April 27, 2008

For $66/night, you get a big clean room with a microwave, mini-fridge and in-room coffee, plus cookies in the evening, plus a hot breakfast in the morning.... complete with juice, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit, yogurt, cereal, waffles, bagels, toast - everything you need for a great breakfast!

The staff was very friendly - and extremely Pet Friendly. With the flyball (dog) tournament going on, the hotel was full of dogs - and there is no extra charge for having the dogs there. That is GREAT for dog owners.

Now I did wonder to myself if any non-dog guests were put out by this at all - do they get warned? What if others are allergic to dogs?

Since I have dogs, and had such a great experience here, I can't imagine staying in any other hotel when I have my dogs with me.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 6, 2008

The La Quinta email showed a weekend rate of 49$ so we cancelled our reservation with another hotel to give LQ a try. It was definitely worth the discounted rate although not my first choice of hotels in the area.

La Quinta Wilsonville is a budget hotel with upgrades. They have recently renovated so the rooms look freshly decorated with bright bedspreads, tile floors and granite countertops. A closer look reveals some older fixtures such as the low flow showerhead and dark worn cabinets in the kitchenette. However the kitchenette was spacious with new fridge and freezer, microwave and bar sink, long counter and cabinets for storage.

Some things at the hotel were lacking. The elevator seemed rickety and made clunking noises. Some of our room towels were stained and threadbare to the point of being holey. The pool is outdoors and was closed, there is no spa. The halls smelled stinky when we arrived but the rooms smelled OK and were very clean. Our beds looked new with cushy (very soft) pillowtop mattress but the bottom sheets were not deep enough to fit properly and came off while we slept. When we rolled over, the bottom sheet would roll up and by morning it was all wadded up on top of the mattress.

The hotel does have some nice features. One room on the first floor has been converted into an exercise room with a good stair machine and treadmill, although the two exercise bikes did not work. There is a laundry room and a computer with internet access in the lobby. The rooms had a full line up of TV channels. The pleasant breakfast room was off the lobby in a greenhouse area. The food was good with a waffle machine, fresh fruit, and hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt, in additions to the usual breads and cereals. Coffee was good and black tea bags available.

The hotel was easy to find, right off I-5 which means there was some freeway noise but not bothersome in our room away from the road. I liked the operable windows for fresh air. The front desk manager and staff worked hard to provide good customer service. The hotel was adequate for our needs and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Renanzel
Reviewed September 26, 2007

My freind and I got the jaccuzi suites for 70/night each, was nicer than our previuos nights stay in the holiday inn express (which was 140+/night!!!). The room was massive, with a 2 person hot tub, huge tv, fridge and pantry. Super Clean, great breakfast couldnt be happier, went out of our way to stay there again the next night.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank dink_small_wood
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We booked a reservation using the La Quinta website for the Wilsonville La Quinta Inn for a stay in June 2007 . After arriving at the hotel that night following a long day of travel, we learned that the hotel had over-booked the rooms, and no rooms were available at the hotel or any hotel, for that matter, in Wilsonville. This was despite the fact that we had a confirmation number from La Quinta, the reservation was guaranteed by credit card, and our arrival was before 10 PM.

Assistance from the Hotel was minimal -- at best -- but after much scrambling and a long drive, we eventually secured lodging elsewhere.

We tried to put this bad experience out of our memory but, now, 3 months later, the Hotel had the audacity to charge our credit card the full room rate for failing to "cancel the reservation"! Fortunately, I noticed the charge on the credit card bill and had the Hotel reverse the charges.

I'm glad we caught their error, but I wonder how many unsuspecting travelers have unwittingly contributed to the coffers of this mismanaged establishment. The same night that we traveled to the hotel, I know of at least two other travelers who had their reservation dishonored. I sincerely hope that these other travelers keep an eye on their credit card bill to guard against this hotel fraud.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank JPNM
Reviewed June 19, 2007

I use to stay at this hotel alot, and just recently the prices have gone way high and the breakfast is starting to stink again, cheap ,cheap managment..noone cares about the guest ,the front desk told me they were under new managment and let go some of there help go,cheapskates, you can definaltly see the change I am an elite guest and found no nice basket in my room. all ice machines and vending didn't work. so I will never stay there again. And the service has gone down hill, also cookies burnt everynight i was there.

1  Thank mikevvOregon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Wilsonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to La Quinta Inn Wilsonville? Share your experiences!