“Nice Location, Good Value”

Holiday Inn Portland South
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
USA
“Nice Location, Good Value”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I used points to stay here for 2 days. It is a nice clean hotel with good beds. The staff was excellent. The hotel accidentally charged me extra point and told me to report it to IHG to have them put back.I am having a very difficult time with IHG in trying to get them back. I am not sure I will ever suceed even though I submitted everything numerous times. The take away. Have something like that corrected before you leave LOL.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelGM97070, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Well thank you for the nice review of our hotel and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us! With that said we would love to help you resolve the IHG Rewards Club points that were over deducted from your account. From Trip Advisor we do not have enough information to help with the issue so if you could please contact Liz Powell our Director of Rooms she will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. Please contact Liz at: 503.682.2211 or lpowell@hiportlandsouth.com. We hope to see you again in the future!

Jeff Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Enumclaw, Washington
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a weekend free called on short notice and got a great room, very friendly staff room was great really firm mattress and you can chose the pillow type you want. Went to the boontown Bistro for Drinks Saturday Night was good time, Watched the Seahawks game sunday in same place great wait staff ice cold beers great getaway thank you for the stress relief.

Room Tip: You can tell them what type of pillow you like and they will get it for you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate the kind words and review of our hotel. I am happy to hear the staff took great care of you and you were able to relax, enjoyed the lounge and some Sunday Football in the sports bar and lounge. I hope your travels take you back through Wilsonville and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here while visiting relatives; had just spent about 6 times as much on a Boston downtown hotel (another brand) and found this hotel to be very comparable in quality, decor, etc. The price was excellent, staff kind and helpful, but we did have to wait for the fold-away bed I'd requested (expected it to be there!) and since we got in late, this was very inconvenient for the cranky child who needed it. The pool is small, dark, and not very warm. Overall, good value, and the top-tier in HI hotels in my experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelGM97070, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Overall it sounds like you enjoyed your stay and found real value and good service during your visit. I will be speaking with the Front Office about the rollaway request and we agree that this should have been placed in your room upon arrival. In addition we will be upgrading the pool and spa in early 2014. We have budgeted to completely resurface the pool and spa, upgrade the surrounding decking and install completely new pool chairs, tables and other amenities. We really appreciate your review of our hotel and overall it sounds like you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will be back the next time you travel through Portland and can enjoy some of the upgrade coming in early 2014.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I gave this hotel 5 stars because of its staff. My daughter and I arrived at 8:30am for a conference that started at 9 and were very pleasantly surprised that our room was ready. I forgot my toothbrush and a complimentary one was brought to the room right away. Room was spacious and beds were comfy. Pool is in a weird place but the spa was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. It looks like you really enjoyed your conference here at the hotel and even had some time to take advantage of our amenities in the pool and spa. I will pass my appreciation on to the banquet and catering staff with your comments. We try hard to provide great service and from your review it looks like the team did a good job. Thank you again for the great review, we hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to Portland!

Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights earlier this month, as my daughter was dancing in a nearby competition. This was the recommended hotel for the event, and the rates were good. The gal at the front desk was very friendly and quick at getting us into our room. The facility is pretty big, so we did have to walk quite a ways to get to the elevators, but it was not a big deal. Our room was nice and spacious. Everything was very clean. The sink area is in the bathroom, which I prefer, and there is plenty of counter space. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. They have both soft and firm pillows on the beds, too, so you can use what you want. They have the little sign on the bathroom counter that says they will give you whatever you have forgotten - like toothbrush, razor, etc. I didn't need anything, but I just think that is good hospitality. We ate breakfast both days at the hotel restaurant. It was typical breakfast food... Pretty good, but not great. Average prices. Overall we were satisfied and it was convenient, which was why we ate there the second day. It is close to many different restaurants by car. The pool is a little small. On Friday evening, my kids had the pool to themselves and the hot tub was empty. On Saturday, the pool was incredibly crowded and the hot tub stayed full. My kids swam, but my parents (age 70) and I never got into the hot tub. We waited about an hour, but it was packed. Also, the hot tub is in a small alcove across a hallway from the pool. You cannot see the pool at all from the hot tub, and this is a negative for our family because I will generally sit in the hot tub while the kids swim, but I have to be able to see them. I told the kids that they would have to come with us into the hot tub and they weren't happy, but it didn't happen in the end because it was just too crowded. The kids had a blast though (ages 9 and 5). I would gladly stay here again. It is not 5 star, but it is nice and clean and is a good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Liz P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are pleased that you find our staff friendly and helpful. We do our utmost to provide you with excellent service. The Indoor pool is great in the winter time. Every Friday and Saturday we have Dive in movies. We hope to see you soon on your return.

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed October 25, 2013

For the location and price you will not beat this place!! They also have an indoor pool, fitness center, restaurant and lounge. I used the fitness center and restaurant and both were above expectation for the price. Customer service was excellent. The room was very good. It has all the amenities needed. Once again if you need a place to stay in south Portland, this is the place for you...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. We are very proud that we have earned your business; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Seattle, Wa
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My son had a soccer tournament in Portland and this hotel was the closest to all the fields. I got a screamin' deal booking this hotel through the Entertainment book. It was half the price of a regular room! Make sure to bring your Entertainment card WITH you. They wanted to see mine when I checked in at the front desk. I booked two rooms, one for my family and one for my parents. We were on the second floor. Both rooms were average size. The beds were really comfortable and the pillows were labeled "soft" or "firm". I thought that was nice. The bathrooms were great. Average size, not too small, not really large. The rooms both looked like they had been remodeled recently. The covers on the bed were modern in style as were the desk and chairs.

The pool is around the corner from the front desk. It is not like most hotel pools. It is not closed off from the rest of the hotel. You walk around the corner from check in and you can hear the kids shouting and playing because the pool is open to the hallway. It was interesting. It made it cold when you got in and out of the pool, but it was kind of fun. The pool is on one side of the hall and the hot tub is on the other. Both had doors that locked well (which is an important feature in my opinion since there is no other door you have to access to reach it.) The hot tub faces a beautiful atrium window. I thought it was really beautiful. The night we arrived (a Saturday evening) they were playing the movie "Ice Age 2" on the wall inside the pool area. My kids LOVED it! The pool is average size too. I saw that they have a lift for disabled people, but I did not see anyone use it. It was covered when we were at the pool. They have the pool set away from all the rooms, so I don't think the noise bothers anyone except people walking down the hall.

I didn't go to breakfast, but my parents did and they said the breakfast buffet was wonderful. My family was very satisfied with our stay at Holiday Inn Portland. My only observation were the two men who checked us in. They were not as friendly as they could have been. They seemed stressed out. They weren't rude, just not super friendly. Great hotel overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.

Liz Powell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Holiday Inn Portland South? Share your experiences!