“Best Motel in Wilsonville”

Quality Inn Wilsonville
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have stayed at nearly every hotel in Wilsonville as we make frequent trips to the children's hospital in Portland. This is the most updated motel and has very nice rooms with tiled bathrooms, comfortable beds and an extremely helpful and friendly staff. One of the owners was there when we checked in, and immediately moved us to a downstairs room when we said we'd rather not carry the luggage up the stairs. The television had good reception, unlike other motels we have stayed at in the area, and the rooms were extremely clean which we REALLY appreciated. The Best Western is the cleanest hotel (other than the Laquinta which was also clean) in Wilsonville. I also felt that the rates were extremely reasonable for the area. The noise from I-5 was a little more than I would have liked but that can be remedied by running the fan or asking for a room on the other side. The only thing I wish was different, would be to have an indoor pool so we could use it year round. It was nice to have a pleasant room to come back to after a day at the hospital. I would DEFINITELY recommend this establishment and will stay here every time we travel there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Wilsonville

Reviewed August 6, 2009

Was in the front lobby working and the fronk desk female worker was behind counter and a chinese man came up to her and started yelling at her. Sorry we are all humans and don't deserve to be treated like that. Poor lady at front desk was crying and the chinese man didn't have care what he was doing to her. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. If they treat their employees like this how do they treat their guest.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank unknown0
qualityinnwilsonvill, Webmaster at Quality Inn Wilsonville, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Wilsonville for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review and for reporting this matter which you witnessed. I agree with you wholeheartedly that it should not have happened and I appreciate so much your being our eyes and ears. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued employees.

• The lady at the front desk received my personal apology for what happened and was assured that this was not our company’s policy to treat our employees this way.

We take our reviews seriously, and I assure you that this matter was looked into and not treated lightly. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Wilsonville. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

This is an above average Best Western. Very nice rooms that are well cared for. Is near Interstate so request room away from the road. With our AC on we could not hear any traffic noise. Nice breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stopped for for a latenight flight home on our vacation. Our room was on the freeway side. The staff who checked us in said we could change rooms if it was too loud. But after calling the front desk at 2:00am after not being able to sleep due to roaring semi trailes racing by every 10 seconds, we were told we could not change. Seriously, the rooms themselves are okay but we could not sleep until around 4am in the morning and were totally exhausted the next day. After coming back from a relaxing vacation, that just did us in. I literally felt like crying in the middle of the night or leaving. If you stay here definatly do not get the freeway side. It was torture!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Butlersplace

Dear Guest,

• The desk staff received additional training in properly recording any promises made to our valued guests, so that the next staff member would know and be able to follow through.

I am so sorry that the room to which you were assigned was so nosey that you couldn’t get a proper nights sleep. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Wilsonville and that arrangements can be made ahead so that we can show you a much better time.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 10, 2007

If I was wandering in off the street into the check-in area, I might be a little leary as you feel as if you are stepping back in time a bit. A friend stays at this hotel often, so I ignored the time warp on my first & subsequent visits.

Rooms have been renovated since my last visit a few years back, so interior looks much better. Bed was comfortable & I appreciated the microwave & fridge (not available in all rooms apparently...this was considered a kitchen...but it is just a micro & fridge next to the bathroom.) No drycleaning at the hotel, but I dropped off a jacket a cleaners across the street. They agreed to drop it back at the front desk of the hotel for a small tip...which was greatly appreciated.

Front desk staff at night seemed new & a bit nonchalant...but friendly enough and not a problem unless you are in a hurry.

I was staying with a friend & never felt unsafe...but if I was travelling alone, I would probably request a room closer to the front desk. We were on ground floor. Didn't see elevator for 2nd floor rooms...so you might want to request a ground floor room (or ask) if stairs are a problem.

if you check in early enough, you might get a fresh cookie in the lobby. not quite a doubletree lobby experience...but a nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lisadhome
Reviewed March 14, 2007

You can't beat this for the price! We checked in pretty late at night, but were greeted with a smile and offered warm, freshly-baked cookies. Our room was large, beautiful, clean, completely renovated (everything new) ... and looked EXACTLY like the photos (not always the case.) The bed was comfortable, and all the rooms have a cute little balcony and two chairs. Although the hotel is just off the highway (easy to find, great for a stopover), you totally forget that when you're there. It's wooded, peaceful, and there's even a little stream and waterfall on your way in. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly, and their free "continental breakfast" was superb! Fresh pastries, bagels and breads with cream cheese and fresh preserves, waffles, eggs, warm oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, milk, tea, coffee, etc ... it was delightful. We will DEFINITELY stay here whenever we're in Oregon. It's not "the Ritz", but for an inexpensive hotel it's quite possibly the best I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank darcysmile
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Overall I had a short, but very nice stay at this hotel. I chose it mainly because of it's close proximity to the freeway (I-5). I wanted easy off/easy on access as I was just traveling through the area on business. It's VERY close to I-5, but also is very close to quite a few restaurants, including the smaller strip-mall type and the larger chain and fast-food restaurants. There is also a large Thriftway nearby that has several mini-food courts inside of it...a good option if you want variety and want to save a little money.

After picking up a few take-out items from Thriftway, I checked in and was told that there was soup & cookies in the lobby for all the guests. There was chicken noodle soup in a crock pot and a tray of cookies (several types). I didn't try the soup since I had bought dinner, but it looked pretty hearty (not the thin Campbells chicken noodle soup) & it smelled pretty good. I took a couple cookies for later & they were your average store bought cookies, but it was nice to have them available for guests.

The room I stayed in was very nice & clean and the bed was very comfortable. I liked that there was a standard hotel desk against one of the walls, but an additional round table that I could easily manuever around the room where I wanted it. Another nice feature was the balcony. The first floor units had small patios and the 2nd floor units had small balconies.

Downsides: the noise from the freeway. When I made my reservation, the clerk said he'd put me in a room that was closer to the lobby area because there was supposedly less freeway noise. I'm not sure what the other rooms were like, but my room was very close to I-5. Because of the cold weather, I kept the sliding door to the balcony closed, but in the summer, if you wanted fresh air, I would think the noise would be pretty annoying. I suggest requesting a room as far away from I-5 as possible. With the balcony door closed, you couldn't hear much, but that night, I could hear a little faint noise as large semis passed by.

The hotel offers a nice continental breakfast. It had more than the usual fare and was well stocked.

The hotel staff were all very pleasant and went out of their way to make sure I and other guests were comfortable.

Overall, it was a very nice stay & I'd definitely stay there again, just in a room a little further from I-5.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank wannabe_atraveler2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
Motel 6
Motel 6
#5 of 8 in Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn

Been to Quality Inn Wilsonville? Share your experiences!