“Great bar and food”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went here with my sister for a quick lunch on our way back to Bend. Very friendly people here! We were seated very quickly in the bar and had a nice gentleman getting our drink orders. I wasn't sure what to get, so I ordered a couple samples of a hard cider and my sister order a couple beer samples. That was great to be able to try first before ordering. So I ordered the Angry Orchard Hard Cider and my Sister order a beer (I can't remember which one now!).
The menu was filled with so many wonderful sounding things I couldn't decided, so we decided to both order something different and share. We ordered Turkey Harvati Melt and French Dip. The sandwiches came out and they were huge! The Turkey Harvati was so good, lots of meat and plenty of cheese, melted on this nice grilled bread. The French Dip was very tasty with also lots of meat and delicious au jus, of course we had to have some melted swiss on it! Very very good food and the Hard Cider was wonderful! We left overly full but satisfied. It was so good! We will be back again!
Oh a quick note, if you join their club online you get a coupon for a free burger or sandwich with a purchase of another. Wish we would have known before we went, but I figured others might not know either!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great place to meet friends. The brews are outstanding, the menu has a wide variety of option, many with a twist. The service is consistently good. We like to sit in the bar to follow whatever sports are being played and invariably go home with our growler filled.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spotted this place off I-5 while on an unplanned trip to Portland from the Oregon Coast. WHAT A FIND! chose patio table as packed inside (<-for a reason). Fab spirits & food menu. I had a salmon/pasta entree but asked for substitute on tomato base sauce. They prepared w Alfredo, laced with fresh basil and other herbs. Salmon was quick-seared to perfection. Hubbie had fancy nachos, piled to the moon. Appetizer - spicy black bean dip w generous fresh veggie sticks, including cukes, zucchini, beet chips(!) & mini fried pita triangles. Mmmm!!!

Excellent, fast service - our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly, despite the hectic crowd of customers. All portions were huge and food was prepared w conservative use of salt - a HUGE PLUS!

RAM RESTAURANT will DEFINITELY be a dining destination for all future Portland trips. A MUST!

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had Santa Fe burgers, which were rather bland for our tastes. We asked about a sampler platter of beers, which was not on the menu. The waitress said they did offer a sampler of 6 regular and 3 seasonal beers. The price was great at 4.99. We liked 3 of the 9. The menu did have some great-sounding dishes based on Alaska salmon, which I might try if I ever return.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

After talking about going there for some time, we finally made it down to The Ram! We decided to sit in the bar area. The restaurant is extremely clean and attractive. Our server was very friendly and patiently answered all of our questions about the extensive menu. We both opted for burgers, and they were delicious. I tried not to order a burger, but they all sounded so good that I had to! They were juicy and delicious with delicious toppings. The fries and onion rings were yummy as well. We didn't order an adult beverage this time, but I already know what I'm going to order on our return visit. We will definitely return....soon.