“Warmest pool I've been to; unfortunately warm rooms as well”

Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Washington
“Warmest pool I've been to; unfortunately warm rooms as well”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I arrived an hour early but the girl at the front desk was dressed in a sweater and wouldn't let us check in until the stated check out time. I've never been turned away that close to the posted check-in time. Normally it wouldn't have been a problem except that it was about 100 degrees outside.
After checking in, the pool, although small, was very warm and took no adjusting to the temperature. I like it better this way.
The rooms are all suites and have HDTVs with a sitting area and a desk with an office chair. There is a sink with a mini fridge and microwave near the sitting area. The only problem with the room was that it was very hot out and the air conditioner wasn't very effective. It didn't seem like it was operating at full power and there was no way to change it, unfortunately.
The breakfast was crowded and didn't have bagels, but still had waffles and cold biscuits with gravy. It wasn't the best but was very good for the price paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kilomara
Krystie D, Manager at Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We're very pleased with the improvements that have taken place the and strive to continue to improve customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is a decent place to stay. It has generously sized rooms with a small refrigerator. The woman that checked us in really should not be working with people. I don't ever recall being treated so poorly when checking into a hotel, or in this case, motel. She had the foulest disposition of a front desk clerk, talk about making you feel unwelcome. We had to go back to the front desk later and there was another employee there. My husband was talking with her and politely told her about the other woman and how she was on the unpleasant side, her response was, "I really don't care, I don't even want to be doing this. I'm filling in for someone else." I don't understand how people like this can ever be hired. Besides the poor staffing, the breakfast was pretty sad so we went elsewhere. Thank goodness we only stayed one night. We should have driven a little further and stayed in a nicer place. We won't be returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BBGraber
Thank you for your comments. Our goal is to provide excellant customer service. Rest assured these issues have been addressed and we sincerly hope that you make a return visit to experience the changes that have taken place.
Warrenton, OR
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Arrived at the hotel around 10 PM and the lady behind the counter was busy doing her homework and didn't notice use coming in. We got our room key and we up to our room. It was a typical suite hotel room with a divider separating the bed from the leather couch. It looks like the room was recently remodeled and had a big flat screen TV. By the couch, was a sink, a mini fridge and a small microwave. The was also a desk and office chair. The bed was firm but not hard. We had a decent night sleep. The free breakfast runs from 6 AM to 9 PM. It had waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, mini muffins and a few cereals. The morning we were there, the lady from the front desk was also running the breakfast so several items were low or out. We took are breakfast to our room and my waffles had a tangy taste to them. I would suggest to the manager to actually have a seperate person run the breakfast. I know it is free but it usually does more harm to have a bad breakfast than to not have a breakfast. I honestly don't know if I would stay at this place again. It would depend on the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jlayton33
Thank you for your kind comments. We're very pleased with the improvements that have been taken place and strive to continue to improve customer service. We have added a breakfast attendant.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family and I just stayed at the Wilsonville Inn last night We were supposed to have a double room but upon arrival the doubles had been sold out so we were upgraded to a Presidents suite. Things started out great and we were pleased with the low cost of the room. Upon arriving in our room we noticed a horrible gasoline smell that didn't go away and was incredibly strong. Thankfully it wasn't near the beds so we got through it. What really irked us was when we came down for breakfast at 9:10 AM with hungry kids and all of the breakfast had been shut down. We weren't told that breakfast was over at 9AM and what breakfast bar shuts down at 9AM on a Saturday?! Also the appearance of the hotel just seems cheap and similar to a Motel 8. Like I said the rooms were not expensive and I wanted to like it but the hotel needs to keep breakfast open at normal breakfast times or just not bother. Also, the room above us was loud.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LauraM_7
Thank you for your comments. As part of our brand change, breakfast hours have been changed to better accomodate the weekend travelers by extending hours to 9:30am. In addition we have added a number of items to the menu and a full time breakfast attendant.
Chilliwack, BC
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We've stayed at the Wilsonville Inn and Suites often en route down the Oregon Coast. The rooms are clean and well equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee maker in the divided kitchen area as well as a comfortable leather sofa to watch the flat screen t.v. There is an indoor pool and a fairly decent breakfast (with hot/cold dishes) included. Across the freeway is a large grocery store (Lamb's) with a great deli; as well as a large drugstore at the same plaza. A large theatre complex is in this same commercial area, towards the Viet Nam Monument. There are many eateries in the area including some new ones (WOW Burgers, for example) next to the Fred Meyers complex. All in all, we recommend this hotel for its price and its convenience to food and entertainment options. On arrival, at certain times, freshly baked cookes are available at reception. Staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel is presently being upgraded (gonna look good); we didn't find this disruptive. A negative comment might be that the food/breakfast area should be more closely monitored for possible shortages. This trip, it appeared that the front desk staff have been delegated this responsibility and it's not working as well as in the past. Otherwise, good value for your $.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. We're very pleased with the improvements that have taken place and we stive to continue to improve customer service. We have added a full time breakfast attendant.
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have stayed in most of the hotels in the Wilsonville area and I must say I continue to return to Wilsonville Inn. The staff is courteous and provides me with anything that I need. When I stay here I feel at home. Every time I leave and return I am welcomed with a "hello". When I reserve a room they make it easy on me. I don't have the time to take 15 mins to check into a hotel but with Wilsonville Inn they take the time to remember me. I come in, they check me in and I am in a room in under 5 mins. You can't beat that when you are looking to get some sleep.

Their rooms are very large and always clean. They have free wifi that works very well for my business needs and I am in the tech business so that should tell you it is good. When I am ready to sleep I find that it is very quiet and I am never disturbed. The hotel is located in a great area of Wilsonville within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

The housekeeping staff is also great. They are very courteous and provide you with anything you need quickly and with a smile.

I travel a lot nationwide and I must say out of all the hotels I have stayed in this one ranks in my top 5. If you are looking for a great stay when in Wilsonville you need to give them a call.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kiind comments. We're very pleased with the improvements that have taken place and strive to continue to improve customer service. Have a wonderful day and we hope you will come back and see us soon.

The staff and management
Richland, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2012

this is excellent hotel for its price.
service was good. we got remodeled room (hotel is remodeling). room was very bug and quiet. breakfast was Ok.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca S, General Manager at Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Vasilich V,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your last trip. We appreciate your kind comments. We are in the middle of renovations. Some of the new ammenties with the new rennovations are our new 42'' flat screens, new carpet and new furniture, including new beds. We hope to be finished by mid-June with our renovations. I hope that you will be coming back to the area and can see the new renovated breakfast room with new breakfast food. Again, thank you for posting such a lovely comment on Trip Advisor.

Safe Travels,

Rebecca S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
Best Western Woodburn
#1 of 4 in Woodburn
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Best Western Newberg Inn

Been to Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!