“SKIP THIS HOTEL!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
“SKIP THIS HOTEL!”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The beds are rock hard. The hallways & rooms are filled with smoke. The building is old & has paper thin walls. The pool is cold & filthy dirty & the jacuzzi heater was broken & the water was genuinely scummy. They have around 15 Dish Network channels of TV but no movie channels & no news channels. Most of the staff is nice enough, but they didn't offer this old lady any help with my bags. I saw some Asian lady treating the front desk staff terribly. Maybe she should clean the pool instead of abuse her staff. I left after a few days & went to La Quinta Inn & could not be happier. Avoid this new Guesthouse Inn if you want a pleasant hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank OldLadyJess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Enumclaw, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed here beause it was close to my destination and because it offered a swimming pool and hot tub so that my kids could have some fun. When we arrived the hotel lobby was very nice, they had fresh fruit and cookies. The young man that checked us in was very nice and he was knowlegeable. On the way to the room we noticed the pool and hot tub was very nice in appearance. When we arrived to the room it also looked very nice, until we noticed there was a used tissue on the floor. I work in the hospitality industry myself, so I know that sometimes these things are overlooked by the maids who are in a hurry to turm over the rooms. So i ignored it and did not report it to the front desk. After driving for 8 hours my kids wanted to go swimming so we got in our bathing suits and went on down, The water might as well have been from a glacier. It was so cold, Im not talking like heated but not warm as id like it to be, im talking like there might as well have been cold river water being pumped into it. There were no signs saying that the heater was out, the front desk did not say anything and when I called and made the reservations I was told they had a heated pool. We then decided to go in the hot tub. None of the jets worked and it ws way to hot for the kids to go in so we went back to the room so that they could watch tv. That wasnt much better either. The hotel had like 7 channels at the very most. What hotel has NO cable or even Basic Cable? I had to call the front desk to ask what time it was because my alarm clock didnt work. The best part of the stay was the bed. It was very clean. However sleep, we did not. All you could hear were dogs barking all night long and people yelling. In the morning we got up and had breakfast. They had a good selection of food, but not enough seating. I had to stand up and eat and my 1 year old had to wait till there was a high chair available. We went back to the room to shower and pack up. The bathroom was not bad but there was some mold in the shower, but again a lot of hotels have that issue and it wasnt real bad at all. However upon packing up we noticed more garbage in the room that was not from us. We packed up and left. It was absolutely a dissappointing stay. The only thig te hotel did have going for it was the staff and the bedding.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Enumclawian

Travelers are raving about these Wilsonville hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This is a nice, quiet location. Most of the rooms' doors were on an interior hallway, which was nice. The breakfast included was filled with a variety of choices, but no meat (they did have hard boiled eggs though). The front desk staff was very nice, and the lobby was neat & clean. My room (king w/ microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker) was very nice. I really like having a hair dryer in the bathroom so I didn't have to pack it. Only complaint was that the shower curtain had mold on it, and I needed a plunger once for the toilet. I didn't have housekeeping come in ding my whole 6 night stay, usually just pass on it. I didn't use the pool or spa, but the pool looked a bit cloudy but the spa clear. The laundry room had one washer and dryer each, with soap available for purchase at the front desk. Also included was a pas to Bally Fitness just across the street, but I didn't use it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ShelbyPilot
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Not fancy but very clean! Front desk staff exceptional in professionalism and helpfulness! This was my third stop and every time has been great.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jrt97411
Veneta, Oregon
Reviewed May 5, 2010

After reading previous reviews for this hotel, I was a little disappointed, but taking into consideration the price ($48/night) I feel it deserves a neutral review.

The good:
The location is good, check in went smoothly, the bed was comfortable, my room was clean, shower pressure was good, plenty of hot water, it wasn't too loud, fridge/micro worked well, large room.

The bad:
- At check in I was told the pool "was not heated because it was indoor". Being indoor does not make a pool warm enough to swim in. It was extremely cold.
- The hot tub can fit about 4 people max.
- I love dogs, but there were other guests that let their dogs roam without leashes in the hotel and in the pool area. It seemed like some more attention could have been paid to this by the staff who didn't seem to care a dog was in the pool (yuck!)
- I was very disappointed with the TV situation. There were only about 6 channels to watch as the others were either not coming in or had a backround buzzing that was so loud it was impossible to watch. I was told they were having issues with their satellite when I asked if someone could check it out. I am not an expert by any means, but it did not seem like a satellite issue when it did not get better or worse during my two day stay. Some people may not care about this, but I need my ESPN! :)
- Somehow they made my room under my middle name instead of my first name. My husband called multiple times and gave them my room number and name but they would not transfer him to my room because it was a different first name. This really upset my husband when he could not get ahold of me. It would have been nice if they could have at least taken a message and contacted me themselves if they were that concerned about connecting him to my room.
- There was a "business center" but the computer did not work. That was quite disappointing.
- I was back at the room at 11PM on Saturday night and there was NO WHERE to park because of buses etc taking up multiple places.
- I requested a 7AM wake up call that came at 7:15. Annoying.

So all in all I can't really complain too much, but I felt like the staff could have been more helpful and the amenities could have been a lot better. If I would have been paying $75 a night here I would have been very disappointed, but you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank breezie87
San Diego
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I travel often for business. After reading the comments below, I decided to take a chance - and WOW! what a surprise. The hotel is convenient to EVERYTHING!!! shopping, restaurants, night life, very moderately priced and FREE access to Bally Fitness! The hotel was clean, the staff is very knowlegeable about everything, not just the local area, but also the portland area. It really makes me sad, that other people have to put businesses down, when Im sure, the help, kindness, and professionalism exteded to me, was the same to every other person that checked in at the same time. Again, Im not saying the hotel is by no means perfect, but neither is any of the other 5 star hotels that Ive stayed. I am extremely pleased with my stay and I have become a loyal Days Inn Wilsonvile customer everytime Im in town. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to everyone else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed March 7, 2010

We stayed for one night. I booked this room because it was rated #1 for Wilsonville even though the rates were low. Also, reviews said they had just renovated. Carpet appeared nearly new as did the comforters on the bed. Dead bugs in the bathtub, dirty floor, sink didn't drain, stains on the sheet and chair. The lady at front desk was very nice and accomodating. Very noisy at night with the freeway traffic. Our room was on the North side. If I had to stay there again, heaven forbid, I would ask for a room on the South side of the building as close to the front as possible. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was cold cereal, juice, waffles, one apple and one orange. We didn't eat there. Free parking. I am very particular about the room being clean and the bed being comfortable, and this one just did not measure up. Dirty room and even though the bed was comfortable, the stained and rough sheets did not allow a relaxed night's sleep. I won't go back. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank auntshirl6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
#5 of 8 in Wilsonville
Best Western Woodburn
Best Western Woodburn
#1 of 4 in Woodburn

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville? Share your experiences!