We headed to Medford, Oregon for a softball tournament and booked a stay at Brookside Inn in White City because most of the nicer hotels were already booked in Medford. I was really impressed with this hotel's staff from the moment our team booked the rooms- they were friendly, helpful, worked a good room rate for the team at $84/nt, and continued this hospitality during our 6 night stay! The ladies at the front counter were very friendly and baked cookies every night, which the girls on our team loved! They let us cancel our stay a day early when we were knocked out of the tournament (darn!).
The rooms were very clean, fresh looking, and had modern and newer furnishings that included a wall mounted flat screen and speedy free wi-fi. On the downside I found the beds a little too soft (we had the two queen room) and I woke up every morning a little sore-- but in the hotel's defense, others on our team found the beds incredibly comfortable. It's a personal taste thing.
The hotel has an indoor pool that the kids loved, a modest but decent free breakfast that included scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits/gravy, and a fitness room that we never used. It's conveniently located on Hwy 62 and an easy drive to I-5. There are several places to eat nearby, and the kids loved having a McDonalds and Dairy Queen in walking distance (there's even a movie theater right there if it interests you).
All in all we were very pleased with our stay! The hotel probably got a bit rowdy for some of the other guests thanks to ours and a couple of other softball teams staying the week (it wasn't just us!), but the staff was quick to put us in line when the kids got too noisy (quiet time is 10 pm). I'm not sure if they get a lot of sport teams staying there regularly, and if this is a concern you should probably call ahead to find out. I highly recommend the Brookside Inn & Suites for traveling families looking for a clean, newer hotel that is in a safe and convenient location in the Medford area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brookside Inn & Suites White City, near Medford, the gateway to Crater Lake National Park, provides spacious, modern rooms with amenities that include microwave, refrigerator, free high speed wireless internet, 32-inch HDTV's and more. Seal the deal in one of our meeting facilities; stay connected with our full business center with free high-speed wireless Internet access and pump it up in our onsite fitness center. Unwind in our relaxing indoor pool and spa. Our friendly staff serves up a free hearty full breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Brookside Inn & Suites White City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites White City
- La Quinta Inn & Suites White City Hotel White City
- Brookside Inn & Suites White City Oregon