“Nice clean comfortable place to stay. Good value”

Brookside Inn & Suites White City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White City
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We (wife and 11yr old daughter) stayed here on our trek through Southern Oregon. The hotel is bright, clean and welcoming. The room was well furnished with 2 queen beds, frig, micro and desk. It was clean and not dated. Beds were comfortable, pillowtop matresses. The shower had plenty of hot water. My only complaint with most places we stayed in Oregon is the height of the shower head. I'm 6'1" and most places I had to crouch to get my head under the water. I guess most Oregonian plumbers are shorter... The bathroom, otherwise, was very clean and up to date with granite or stone counters and shower walls. The continental breakfast was nice. Big dining area with fresh belgian waffle makers and the usual fare. If we find ourselves in this area again, we would stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Had a great visit with family while attending 2 graduations. Spent 6 nights. The staff was most helpful and allowed us to use the breakfast area for several lunches and dinners. Very clean pool area and laundry areas.. I will stay at this hotel every time I come to White City to visit family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

At first I thought this hotel was a little on the expensive side but realized I ended up saving money on this trip!
The hotel is in White City, that fact alone saves you on hotel tax versus Medford (1% vs 12%) This adds up to about $10 in savings.
The fact that it is away from the interstate (I5), as well as any major roads makes it ultra quiet (LOVED that!)
The staff was so very nice and upon checking in it smelled extremely clean.
Our kids had a great time in the pool/hot tub and the beds were better than many other hotels we have stayed in.
The extended continental breakfast also saved us from buying breakfast at a nearby restaurant (usually costs us around $30) and it was great! Everything from toast, bagels, muffins, to biscuits, gravy, and waffles too! Coffee & juices as well. We were very happy with the breakfast, and again the young girl in the breakfast area was very sweet, helpful and on top of keeping everything stocked!
My only complaint (which was not the hotels fault, rather another traveler) was as my husband were falling asleep we smelled smoke. I got up to check where it was coming from and it was strongest in the bathroom. I can only guess that another travelers may have been smoking in their bathroom and had the fan on and it somehow filtered into our room? Being a non-smoker with a high sensitivity to smoke, I was not happy.
Other than that A+ stay!!

Room Tip: I am not sure if they have a smoking/ non smoking area, but ask for one FAR away from smoking to avo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mandy N
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I inquired about a room on July 6th. Without having a reservation and being a holiday weekend I was doubtfull I would get a room. The front desk staffers were fantastic. The kind of customer service I remembered from decades ago. Quick, efficient and professional!

My large room was spotless, fridge, micro wave and flat screen TV that came with a list of channels. Free Wi-Fi.

The pool area was large and clean as well. Hot cookies at resgistration and they sell bottles of wine and beer at the front desk after 3 pm. The morning breakfast was the best I have encountered in my travels.

I hope the team at this hotel reads this review as they certainly deserve to be complimentd. I so enjoyed my stay that I wrote the management a personal letter complimenting the staff.

I can't wait to go back. Oh and the room tax was only 80 cents...not sure why that city does not impose a room tax but I am good with that. They also honor AARP and Triple A.

Shirley Gauthier
Springfield, Oregon

Room Tip: If you have children perhaps asking for a room close to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the last few years and the staff is especially what brings me back every time. They are all outstanding and in particular I want to thank Karen Oberstaller for her kindness and positive energy, even first thing in the morning:} I have two boys who can get a little wild and she is always patient and understanding. This is my favorite place in this area hands down.

Room Tip: Every room I have had has been great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Penni D
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We drove from California in a rented car with no GPS and an absolutely worthless AAA Triptik; We chose White City because it was much less expensive than Medford and (we thought) an easy on and off Interstate 5. There was no signage to White City, consequently what would have been an easy trip to our hotel was a time consuming, convoluted pain in the neck. It would be so easy for the hotel to send a brief note with the email confirmation identifying the
I-5 exit number for White City.
We were pleased with the hotel, once we got there. Our room was on the 4th floor and very quiet -- we heard no noise at all from the gigantic bingo casino immediately in front of the hotel.
Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Indoor swimming pool adjacent to the lobby, children playing the the pool so noisy it was difficult to carry on a conversation in the lobby. Best not book a room near the pool.
Most people stay in this hotel either because they are going to Crater Lake or because of the drag races just a few blocks away. I would stay again if there were no drag races schedules.
The hotel was a huge bargain: $63.50 and no charge for the dog.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Skeeter32
Reviewed April 26, 2012

comfortable beds, quiet, pet friendly (on most floors). Breakfast served at 6 every day.
One of the best hotel values I have found so far. Too bad it is in kind of a "stopover" location and not primary destination.

Good tv, internet, fridge, microwave, free parking, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Rogue Regency Inn
Rogue Regency Inn
#10 of 35 in Medford
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Central

Been to Brookside Inn & Suites White City? Share your experiences!