“Great Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Wheeler B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Wa
“Great Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

My Husband and I needed to get away for our Anniversary and found this great little place. We loved our room and the view we had from it. I have never been to a place where the people have tried so hard to make my stay a great one. Pat and Tracy were great. They let us know what was going on in and around town and what places around them were good to eat at. It was nice feeling more like a guess at a friends house them an out of towner just there for the weekend. My husband and I are already planing our next trip back to the beach.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

After reading a few on the reviews on TripAdvisor; I really didn't expect much from our stay at the lodge... However, we both loved Wheeler on the Bay Lodge. The service was exceptional we were treated so well with such a personal interaction unlike most lodging. The breakfast they provided for us to take to our room made our stay that much more relaxing knowing we could just wake up and eat and not have to get dressed to eat in a group during a certain time. The rooms were exactly what they should be considering the size location and cost of the establishment. Our Spa was wonderful and the beds very comfortable. The fireplace created the perfect ambiance for our romantic weekend away from work. We will definitely come back and would recommend Wheeler on the Bay Lodge to anyone. Although we didn't have children with us, we did talk about how much fun kids would have there too.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

The Wheeler on the Bay lodge had everything my husband and I needed for a quiet weekend alone together to talk, read, pray and reconnect at an affordable rate (and given the current economy, that's a big plus).

We enjoyed the gas fireplace and jacuzzi bath in our cozy room, but the best part was the lovely view of the bay out our patio door window. (We were in the Sunset room). God gave us picture perfect weather on Saturday, no wind and warm for February. We wished we didn't have to go home on Sunday. My husband and I lingered on the deck with our binoculars after we checked out, hoping work on Monday would disappear so we could stay longer.

My husband and I really appreciated the free breakfast Pat and Tracy provided so we didn't have to rush out in the mornings. The microwave and refrigerator are great for dinner leftovers too, with paper or real plates available in the dresser. The room was decorated comfortably and had little extras, like the M&M's which my husband loved and tea, hot cider and coffee (which Mike can't live without.)

Tracy let us look at some of the other rooms before we left. We are looking forward to trying a new one the next time we visit. It's neat that the rooms are not all the same like a lot of cookie-cutter hotels. The variety of decor will make each stay different. We love to kayak, so are looking forward to utilizing their free offer to explore the river next time we go.

Thank you for giving us a peaceful place to run away and hide! :-)

P.S. When we made the reservation, I let them know I have allergies to down, so they made sure the comforter and pillows were down-free ones before our arrival. Yet another way they took care of the personal details for us.

• Liked — The peace and quiet and the fabulous view of the river
  • Disliked — that we had to leave
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wewatchtheriver
Prtland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

Another great stay in Wheeler. Margie and I were headed south to check out the Depoe Bay area and were going to stay down there, but we saw the VACANCY sign. Once again we were glad we stayed at Wheeler on the Bay Lodge. Pat & Tracy were of course inviting and we like the free videos & soda pop included in the stay. She said "yeah we are crazy to include this in the room price." I say crazy like a fox, it just gives another small incentive to go there. We want to keep going back there as often as we can and eventually get around to kayaking. Thanks! Harlan & Margie.

• Liked — Relaxing!
  • Disliked — Too Short a stay
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

We highly recommend this little lodge. The owners are very friendly, the rooms comfortable, and a few little extra amenities and treats made for a very nice stay. We were on a family trip through Washington and Oregon and were looking for good values. This is definitely one. Wheeler is an interesting little town and offers a nice change of pace from the tourist-crazy beach towns,. But it still gives you easy access to all the great sights on the north Oregon coast. The lodge is very clean and a good place for kids to hang out after a long day on the road (free movie rentals!) We will go back if we every pass through again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2008

My girlfriend and I were driving north along the Oregon coast one night and stopped into Wheeler on the Bay Lodge and Marina after passing several unappealing places in and north of Tillamook. When we drove into Wheeler we saw the lodge and assumed it was out of our price range, because it was so cute and had jacuzzis and fireplaces available. To our surprise it was completely affordable for a young couple on a tight budget. Better yet was the service we received as soon as we walked in the door. Pat and Tracy, the owners, were so kind to us and made us feel immediately at home. They include two free dvd/video rentals with each night along with a free bag of popcorn. Then there are a bag of M&M's and a selection of coffees, teas, and hot chocolate in the room. These little things make such a big difference! And the rooms are fantastic--our room was very cozy and clean, with a very comfortable bed and a more personal feeling set of linens than in other places we've stayed in. It had a jacuzzi, fireplace, and to top it off the place is right on the water.

An unbeatable bonus is the free day kayak rental when you stay two nights!! We couldn't believe it. If we weren't on a schedule we would have stayed more than two nights as the surroundings are not only both stunning and charming, but provide every opportunity for anyone who likes outdoor activities. But then again, staying in was a magical experience here too.

I can't recommend this place enough! It is peaceful and inviting. Whenever we are in that area again we'll be spending a lot more time!

Dustin,
Brooklyn, NY

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DeeBrooklyn
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

I live alone on the Washington coast with my little dog Ginger. We like to get away every couple of months to a new destination. A friend of mine stayed at this lodge many years ago and recommended it to me.

I checked in around 3:00 pm and met Tracy & Pat, who are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Since it was mid-week I did have a choice of rooms and I was lucky enough to have a room at the far side of the lodge, overlooking the Nehalem River ahhhh. I too had a sunken spa tub, with a gas fireplace, sliding glass doors overlooking a grassy area that led to seating on the upper deck (above the dock where you can moor your boat). It was the most serene surroundings I have encountered to date.

When they showed me to my room, they even offered to bring in a rug/bed for my dog to put by the fire and offered the use of some doggy dishes. I travel, so I happened to have that already, but I was very impressed. My room even had complimentary M&M's! It just doesn't get any better than that.

The room was very clean and the decorations adorable. I was very very pleased and you can't beat the price of $100!!!!!

Not only will I be back, I will tell my friends and hope they can enjoy the wonderful experience that I did.

Thanks Tracy & Pat -- We'll be seeing you. Have a great summer.

• Liked — location . . . location . . . location
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank burton1036
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheeler
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Old Wheeler Hotel
Old Wheeler Hotel
#2 of 2 in Wheeler

Been to Wheeler on the Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!