“Derek and Geno”

Gotcha! Garfield's Sea Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Gotcha Tours was an unbelievable day. Derek and Geno took care of everything. We had so much fun snorkeling in a couple of the bays before they took us to Sandy Island. They even helped to get the kids up a cliff for a cool dive. That was not an easy task. Before we got to Sandy island they pre-ordered all of our lunches and once we were there they help the kids get coconuts down from the tree and open them for some coconut juice. It was a very memorable day!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"water"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2016

First off, I booked this tour with Garfield via the internet. I was looking for a private tour of Anguilla for myself, my husband and our 2 friends. Garfield was professional and quick to answer all my inquiries. I was a little concerned that the weather or the sea conditions would not be favourable, but I reserved our departure date in the middle of our one week holiday in St. Maarten and Garfield assured me we could delay our departure if the weather was not ideal.
Garfield sent his crew, captain Rumple and first mate Geno to pick us up from the Anguilla dock in Simpson Bay, St. Maarten. After clearing customs and immigration, Rumple and Geno headed out across the sea to Anguilla. We travelled along the shoreline of Anguilla taking in all the beauty. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages were included on the trip and Rumple made sure we had all our favorite juices to mix drinks along with Rum Punch and beer.
We saw beach after beautiful beach. Rumple and Geno were great tour guides pointing out many points of interest and millionaire homes. We stopped and swam in the crystal clear turquoise waters. Continued on our journey to Sandy Ground where we met Garfield and checked in with immigration authorities. (We actually just partied on the boat while our captain took care of everything.) We stopped at what is known as Garfield's Reef where we snorkeled, all the gear was supplied and although I don't usually snorkel it was just so inviting that I had to give it a go. I had such an amazing experience that I was actually the last one back to the boat. I saw lots of colourful fish, coral and sea urchins. It was so peaceful.
Next we went to DaVida on Crocus Bay for lunch and another swim. With all that beautiful water how could we resist.
Back on the boat and headed to Rendezvous Bay to visit the famous SunShine Shack and meet Garvey. We spent some time here for drinks and beaching before heading back to St. Maarten. My only regret is that we just did not have enough time. We set out on a four hour tour and it turned into seven hours.
If you are looking for a fabulous private tour be sure to get in touch with Garfield, I am sure he will make sure your visit unforgettable. We highly recommend it and can't wait to go back.
Thanks again to our awesome captain, Rumple and first mate, Geno.

1  Thank CK_Ontario
Reviewed March 16, 2016

I spent half day on the Summerbreeze with my husband and it was such a great and fun experience. The captain and his assistant (sorry, cant really remember their names as I had way too many rum punches lol) were super friendly and went all the way to make sure we did everything we wanted to do that afternoon. I would recommend them any time! We had a great time and a lot of fun :)

Reviewed January 29, 2016

We met with Garfield and one of his crew members on the main dock at Anguilla. Garfield became hostile and repeatedly called us foul names, suggested we were going to scratch his boat, and that we were incompetent individuals. It was very apparent he was upset from a previous charter. We decided we would instead take a taxi tour and book a dive with another vendor on our next trip. Very disappointing interaction.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 21, 2015

Four of us, me, my husband, my brother and SIL chartered a 5 hour cruise with Garfield. We opted to cruise around Anguilla and stop to snorkel and beach hop. We also went to Prickly Pear for lunch. What a great day. Rumple and Derrick made sure we had a great time. The boat itself was clean and well maintained. Since it was a private charter they took us wherever we wanted to go with no set schedule. We cruised around Shoal Bay, Meads Bay, Little Bay, Crocus Bay and did some snorkeling on a reef with lots of fan coral, tons of fish, and then snorkeled over to the desalinization plant. Interesting to see how they bring the water into the plant and how far the pipes extend. Lots of interesting sea life, eel, barracuda, eagle rays, really a lot to see. We sent to Sandy Island. We got there early and they were still setting up for the day. We walked the beach before heading off to Prickly Pear for swimming, snorkeling and lunch. All in all a great day. Beer, rum punch, water and soda on the boat as well. What a great day. As they dropped us off at Shoal Bay East we all decided to do it again next year, but maybe for the whole day...........Garfield and I set everything up by email and he was very responsive. Give him a try. gotchagarfield@hotmail.com.

3  Thank MDavisTucson_AZ