Tripadvisor

Review of Veya Restaurant

Veya Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Sandy Ground
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dined here on our last night on the island. Most seating is outside but covered with a roof. No walls where we were seated. Our waitress was a hoot! Great sense of humour and very efficient. Actually all the staff were great. The bread was delicious and dinner was to die for. I have never eaten so many great meals as I have on the island. My boyfriend had the lamb and of course I tested it. Over the top good. If you want a great meal in a fabulous atmosphere, try Veya.

5  Thank K6830AQsusang
Write a reviewReviews (953)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I still maintain that Carrie’s tasting menu in 2006 was one of the best meals I have every had. Tonight was a very different experience.

The wait staff was disorganized no one seemed to be in charge of our table. Reminded me of TSA or thousands standing around.

Had to ask for a menu, then ask for bread after a one hour wait for the appetizer.

Advertising stated a lobster 3 ways on Saturday but no one knew anything about that.

Another 45 minutes and we were asking where our entree was.

We both had our hearts set on the lobster. Unfortunately it was under seasoned and tough.

The disorganization is evident in that our bill from the lounge downstairs was to be transferred to our bill, it was not and I did not notice until later. So Jerry I owe you a drink.

1  Thank setitus53
Reviewed January 14, 2020

!We just had dinner at a Veya and it was amazing. They hit all three components of a great restaurant. The place is beautiful, dining is on the second floor set back in a nursery. The food was some of the best I have ever had in the Caribbean. The tuna with the grilled, spiced pineapple was absolutely delicious! Their bread plate with johnny cake, pumpkin and banana breads was unbelievably good. And the service was terrific. We must have had six really nice, really professional service people looking after us. Not intrusive, perfect. Very nice, laid back live music, a good wine list. It all combined for a very, very nice evening and a really nice dinner. Highly recommended.

5  Thank Bryan S
Reviewed January 11, 2020

What a lovely spot. The ambiance in the trees added to the dining experience. Everything we had was great, but my husband is still talking about the butter poached lobster...

Date of visit: November 2019
5  Thank klp281
Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

This was by far our best dining experience in Anguilla....from the food, ambience and service. The menu is unique, and all of the food just outstanding. We went on crayfish Wednesday, and the crayfish melted in your mouth. Can’t wait to go back!

5  Thank Kathleen D