“Needs Work”
Review of Westfir Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westfir
Westfir Lodge
Lakewood Ranch, Florida, United States
“Needs Work”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the Westfir Lodge for a night during a recent visit with our daughter in Oregon. The location is wonderful and the facility has a lot of potential as an Inn or Bed and Breakfast. As far as I know, the rooms do not come with breakfast. When we arrived the manager seemed a little confused, until I reminded her we had a reservation for the night (when we checked out, I saw her office and understand why she might have been confused). She had us wait while she changed the beds and “cleaned” the room. The room had two comfortable queen sized beds, but the comforters could have been cleaner. The carpet had not be vacuumed recently (lots of insect parts on it), and the bathroom appeared to have not seen a thorough cleaning in a while, only a quick wipe down. We ran out of bathroom tissue in the night and ended up scavenging a roll from another room. That is when I noticed none of the vacant rooms had been cleaned and had beds with used linens.
The dog in the house did not bother us, but I was concerned when I observed her having free access to the “commercial” kitchen. I do not think this is in compliance to Health Department rules.
The grounds are undergoing extensive cleanup, but that is to be expected in Oregon mountains during the spring. It is obvious the manager is working hard to maintain them.
If you cannot sleep with trains passing nearby in the night, go somewhere else.
Note to the manager: You have a wonderful property, but it appears you are overwhelmed operating it. Buy a used commercial washer and dryer, so you can keep up with the laundry for all your rooms. Clean the rooms and make up the beds as soon as guests check out. Organize your office and use a wall calendar to track arrivals and departures.

Room Tip: Check to see if the room is clean
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David D
Westfir, Owner at Westfir Lodge, responded to this review, February 7, 2017
Hello. I am the new owner of the lodge. I invite you to stop in and see the new updates I've made to the lodge. We painted and remodeled, as we as purchased new beds, bedding and towels. I think you will find the Westfir Lodge a much better, happier place. By the way, breakfast now comes with your room rate!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
bend
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westfir Lodge at the trailhead for the Alpine Trail just outside Oakridge Oregon. It is under going a renovation that is focusing on the logging and train history of the area. It was very comfortable and close to all the outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Mountain biking trails start directly across the street (and the North Fork of the Willamette River). The Aufderhiede (sp?) Scenic Byway essentially starts (or finishes right at the Lodge) and is great for road biking or a fun drive. You can't beat this place and the food is really amazing. If you are passing through Oakridge, Westfir or even Eugene you should check this place out.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have baths in room, and some share baths down the hall. The west facing room upst...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank j k
oregon
Reviewed February 22, 2008

I recently stayed there with my husband and 2 children. My husband is working in Oakridge and the lodge had the only available room. It was a very nice place. A wonderful collection of antique's. I don't really recommend this place for young children as there is a lot of expensive antique's. They served us a great breakfast. This was the first time I have ever stayed in a B & B, and it was a different and unique experience.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank OregonRainyday
midvalley OR
Reviewed October 5, 2005

We have stayed there with a group, and just as the only couple there. We love it there- comfortable, wonderful hosts,sweet dogs, beautiful and tasty breakfasts and the Aufderheide Rd. is fantastic for bicycling. We saw mountain bikers assembling across the street for rides in the hills surrounding. We visited the Salmon Creek fish hatchery, and Salt Creek Falls. Looking forward to the next trip.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank kittywhiz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfir
Best Western Oakridge Inn
Oakridge Lodge & Guest House
McKenzie River Inn Lodging & Fine Dining

Been to Westfir Lodge? Share your experiences!