“Gem in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rendezvous Grill

Rendezvous Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Welches
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Gem in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent the day hiking to Ramona Falls last Thursday. The weather was perfect and after that hike we wanted something good to eat. We figured a pub would be fine as we like beer and we were dusty and sweaty from the hike. A fellow hiker we met on the trail suggested this place. We were totally surprised how good the food and the service was! We sat outside in the back and my wife had the oysters and said they were among the best she's had. Go figure in the mountains! I had the fondue plate which was top notch. We drank several Mt. Hood brewery beers as well. Very satisfied overall and we will be back next time. The place is a bit upscale so if you just want pizza, save this place for a date night or special evening.

Kennewick, Washington
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place was recommended to us during our stay at The Resort on the Mountain. I must say it was one of the best meals we have had at any restaurant.

The appetizers, drinks, and dinner were well presented and the service was very personal. The owner took time to chat with us and make some recommendations, I liked that. Not a real fancy place but the food and service are top shelf. We found the prices reasonable for the quality of food.

West Linn, Oregon
“I must be missing something”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have had a home here for eight years and at times have eaten at pretty much every restaurant on the mountain. This place is always very highly rated but we've just not quite gotten into so decided to give it another try last weekend. We sat in the bar and the service was good and fast but also a little pretentious in that our server acted like he knew more about what we wanted then we did.

My wife had Salmon which was pretty good except for the fact it was surrounded by other other unrecognizable things that really detracted from the fish itself. I had the prawns and they were excellent.

The ambiance in here is non-existent and is the biggest drawback; it's really hard to appreciate a gourmet meal sitting in a cafeteria setting. Prices are also quite high, especially for Mt. Hood; you can have a great dinner at other places like the Skyway or El Burro Loco for half the money.

Strangest thing that happen was we saw and talked to some friends before dinner and while we were all eating (separately) I told the bartender I wanted to buy wanted to buy them a drink. Instead of getting them another drink he took two of them off their bill and put it on mine. I explained that I didn't want to pay their bill, I wanted to buy them a drink to which he replied "I don't think they want another drink". Again I stated I wanted to buy them a drink and he just said "they don't want another drink" and walked away. All of this was done without him ever even approaching them. A really weird way to treat someone's request.

With the great variety of choices around the Villages I think we'll find other places to hang out.

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Don't Pass on Dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I went to dinner here tonight and we both got the beef tenderloin which was delicious and oh so melt in your mouth tender. It rested on a bed of walla walla onion, cheesy something goodness...with steamed baby reds too. The best part of this dinner was my dessert...a peanut butter moose pie topped with chocolate ganoush. Oh my....definately one of the best desserts I have ever had!!! The dinner with cocktails and tip was about $100 for two people but I enjoyed it very much. I can't even count how many times I have left a restaurant feeling underwhelmed and like it was a waste of money.....I didn't feel that way tonight! Wonderful dinner!

Ridgefield, Washington
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants that is an easy drive from Portland. A little difficult to locate but definitely worth it. Everything I have ever ordered at Rendezvous has been excellent. To my amazement, their house made ketchup is incredible (and that is coming from a person that does not like ketchup)---When I visit Rendezvous I always ask for an extra serving--it's that good!

• Visited August 2013