“I must be missing something”
Review of Rendezvous Grill

Rendezvous Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Welches
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have had a home here for eight years and at times have eaten at pretty much every restaurant on the mountain. This place is always very highly rated but we've just not quite gotten into so decided to give it another try last weekend. We sat in the bar and the service was good and fast but also a little pretentious in that our server acted like he knew more about what we wanted then we did.

My wife had Salmon which was pretty good except for the fact it was surrounded by other other unrecognizable things that really detracted from the fish itself. I had the prawns and they were excellent.

The ambiance in here is non-existent and is the biggest drawback; it's really hard to appreciate a gourmet meal sitting in a cafeteria setting. Prices are also quite high, especially for Mt. Hood; you can have a great dinner at other places like the Skyway or El Burro Loco for half the money.

Strangest thing that happen was we saw and talked to some friends before dinner and while we were all eating (separately) I told the bartender I wanted to buy wanted to buy them a drink. Instead of getting them another drink he took two of them off their bill and put it on mine. I explained that I didn't want to pay their bill, I wanted to buy them a drink to which he replied "I don't think they want another drink". Again I stated I wanted to buy them a drink and he just said "they don't want another drink" and walked away. All of this was done without him ever even approaching them. A really weird way to treat someone's request.

With the great variety of choices around the Villages I think we'll find other places to hang out.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I went to dinner here tonight and we both got the beef tenderloin which was delicious and oh so melt in your mouth tender. It rested on a bed of walla walla onion, cheesy something goodness...with steamed baby reds too. The best part of this dinner was my dessert...a peanut butter moose pie topped with chocolate ganoush. Oh my....definately one of the best desserts I have ever had!!! The dinner with cocktails and tip was about $100 for two people but I enjoyed it very much. I can't even count how many times I have left a restaurant feeling underwhelmed and like it was a waste of money.....I didn't feel that way tonight! Wonderful dinner!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants that is an easy drive from Portland. A little difficult to locate but definitely worth it. Everything I have ever ordered at Rendezvous has been excellent. To my amazement, their house made ketchup is incredible (and that is coming from a person that does not like ketchup)---When I visit Rendezvous I always ask for an extra serving--it's that good!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on our way home. Wish we would of seen this place sooner because we would had eaten here more then once. The food was VERY good! The in-house made ketchup was great! The service was wonderful and our server was very attentive. Nice welcoming environment. Will definitely stop here again when we go up to the mountain.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent food and service. All the staff were genuinely friendly and happy to be working there which enhanced the experience even more.