“Good tasting food. Pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rendezvous Grill

Rendezvous Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Welches
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Good tasting food. Pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Interesting, good tasting food. Friendly staff. Food is a bit pricey for the location and decor.

Visited February 2012

Rhododendron, Oregon
“A bit of fanciness on the Mountain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

My daughter took me here for Mother's Day. It was the first time I had Borche (spelling??). The food is good, but the $$ is more that I would usually spend on a meal. Good for special occasions.

Visited September 2011
Prineville, Oregon
“Two hours from home/still one of our favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

The Rendezvous is consistently excellent. My only complaint is that they weren't serving the crab cakes the last two times I visited.
Think I've tried everything on the menu, and all items are expertly prepared.
This place is easy to miss, if you're going over Mt. Hood--but it's worth the effort to look for it.

• Visited November 2011
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Great food and even better service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

My friends have a mountain cabin near the Rendezvous and took me for supper a few weeks ago. It was part business and part pleasure - we work in the restaurant industry and it is always difficult to switch off entirely, especially when you are eating in a restaurant for the first time.

The fact is I had just got off a plane from Las Vegas and had worked the last three days at a conference in a seedy strip hotel with no fresh air, natural light or decent wholesome food. Everything I ate had come via a freezer, microwave or deep-fat fryer.

Thankfully the Rendezvous was refreshingly different. John looked after us and was warmly welcoming and very knowledgeable. He clearly loved his job and was a genuine host. The menu has had a complete make-over (according to my friends who eat there regularly) and had loads of locally sourced and seasonal ingredients - including hand-picked morels from the slopes of Mount Hood itself. The Oregon wines were also superb. Everything from the kitchen had been freshly made and was clearly the work of dedicated chefs who know their craft; nothing pretentious but skillfully cooked with lots of flavour and the sort of honest wholesome fare you want to eat after a days skiing or enjoying the amazing mountain scenery.

I'm back in Oregon in February and I will definately be back at the Rendezvous for a follow-up meal. Thanks John for looking after us so well.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank WinderHall
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Shrimp to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had the procuitto wrapped shrimp and loved it.

Visited November 2011