“Beautiful room!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Welches
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful room!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have been to the Resort at the Mountain 5-6 times now. The rooms are always so comfortable and quiet. Beautiful grounds. Close to Portland so easy for a one night getaway. Refrigerator in King Fireside room made it easy to bring own food. Main restaurant a bit spendy for dinner but average price for breakfast.

Room Tip: Top rooms are generally quieter anywhere you go
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Returning Guest,

Thank you for your continued business, we appreciate all our guests, but repeat guests are a pleasure to welcome back each time you visit. We thank you for your recommendations, and are pleased to hear your comments.

John A, Erickson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 4, 2014

If you Golf, hike or bike this is the place to check out. Great price points all around, room, food etc. Winter great landing and take off spot for skiing and tubing up at Hoodoo, Timberline or Medows. Summer some of the best hikes off the Salmon river and berry picking is YUM! Near buy towns offer good food as well as fun company.

Room Tip: If you have a family with kids etc. Try the Golf condo/ 2 room suits YEH it is really a house with a...
Dear Guest,

I appreciate reading your tips and recommendations. Thank you so much for being a great supporter of The Resort.

We appreciate you taking time to pass this information on to all who read these comments.

Albany, Oregon
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed on 4/31/14 room 221.The place looks very nice and well kept. The dinner was expensive but I had one of the best blackened wild salmons I ever had. The rooms are very dark even with all the lights on. The shower was cool looking but we had no hot water. I had the do not disturb sign on the door but the maid rang the bell at 8:00 AM and asked us when we are going to leave. I had a nice breakfast 2 eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast for $7.00 heck of a deal. I asked for gravy for the hash browns and they charged me $4.00 for a small cup. $4.00 for a condiment. That’s more than half the price of the breakfast. Whatever we never complained we just won’t go back.

4 Thank WWC1
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your business, and for letting me know about your stay. I am researching your concerns and would like you to know that I will be addressing these immediately.

Puyallup, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late last night for a 2 night group on deal. Overall this is more like a motel 6 then a resort. I called 30 minutes before arriving to confirm because we were running late. An older women answered the phone and made me feel like an idiot for making sure everything was OK with our reservations!
They brag about how comfortable the bed is...its not! The decor is OK, the bathroom was alright. The shower is horrible but everything was clean.
We had a fireside king room. There were no fire logs, no bath robes, no cream or sugar for the coffee, and the noise from upstairs is amazing! You can't complain about the noise because the poor people upstairs are just walking around! It literally is THAT loud!
I called in the morning about all of our missing amenities. I get the same mean women and she say "ummm so all you're complaining about is your room not being made up? You can just come to the lobby for coffee." Are you kidding me? We paid $300 to stay here and have been treated like garbage. We finally received robes and logs but never any coffee. The hospitality is nonexistent. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway look elsewhere. I am so disappointed. I would t have complained at all if it hadn't been for the mean old rude women at the desk. She was so nasty to us I will not ever consider returning.We travel a lot and the resort up the road looks 10 times better. Don't waste your money. This is a glorified hotel with nasty service and that is all.

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank Dlowe86
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

First I apologize for your experience and would like to assure you I am taking action today to research and rectify this situation. This in not how we provide service, or expect our team to act. Thank you for letting me know about your experience. Please contact me at The Resort to discuss follow up actions.

John A. Erickson General Manager
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Early March; We're here for a retreat. Our room is very lovely with fireplace and patio view on lower level. it reminds me of almost old camp style two-story buildings, but a pleasant surprise when you walk in the room. yes, it's raining (it's Oregon) but the kids wanted to swim anyway. they biked, and its a lot of opportunities to bike.
even had a scenic drive up. spa robes in room w a lovely decorated king size bed. our patio faces the road but that's minor for us since we weren't staying in the room. when we needed a nap the upstairs noise (could tell they had kids) nor passing traffic hindered us from snoring.
If I were a skiier or hiker; I could stay here again.

Room Tip: bldg 2 patios face the road into the resort
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to comment on your stay with us. Thank you for your business, and for your positive marks.

Centralia, Washington
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I (sadly) just left The Resort after our first visit. We had an excellent experience from the minute we hit the resort. The reception staff was very friendly and genuine. Our room was huge and well appointed. Definitely spring for the fireplace room. The fireplace is real, not gas, and the Duraflame logs are provided. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were so yummy we didn't want to get out of bed - really! We stayed two nights. Both mornings we swam in the outdoor pool - it's amazingly heated to 86 degrees - then sat in the hot tub. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the on-site restaurant and everything was great! The number of menu items is limited, but don't let that stop you. We tried several different things, omelets, soup, entree salad, burgers, and the prime rib! There is something for everyone. The wait staff was really accommodating and friendly, but not overly so, which we appreciate. While we left our kids home (we needed a break!) The Resort has tons of activities for the entire family and we will be taking our kids next time. If you read a bad review about this place, I'll be shocked, but it will have been written by someone who is impossible to please. My husband and I have travelled the world and The Resort is great - very relaxing and very welcoming. My husband says, "Just go already!"

• Stayed February 2014
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

What a great review! Thank you for all of your kind words, and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with us. I appreciate you taking time to pass on how happy you were. Let me know when you return. It would be my pleasure to meet you personally.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had bought a Travelzoo voucher for a two night stay. This is a great place. It was very quiet because they had just had the big snow storm a few days before but we are planning to return. It was only about 15 miles from the ski areas and for summer the hiking areas. Big room with fireplace and a great happy hour in the bar. Service was excellent!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let me know about your stay with us. I do appreciate your comments, and we look forward to your return.

John A. Erickson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Timberline Lodge
Best Western Sandy Inn
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham

Been to Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!