“Rippling River was much better.”

Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Welches
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My whole family just spent the weekend here. My mom paid for 4 rooms, went in to the lobby to pay for all of our family. They charged her 544.26 for my room, then they charged me an additional $600.36 for a 2 night stay. I have called to have them adjust my charges and they will not call me back. I was a Travel Agent for 19 years and will never recommend this place to anyone. The room was nice, but the staff at the front desk are extremely worthless. I am appalled and upset that they stole a lot of money from me. We have always gone to Black Butte and I am sorry we didn't. Black Butte is top notch, professional and does not rip people off.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank melinda f

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The staff were great, the food was great, but if you read the advertising and paid the prices you would have expected a heck of a lot more. The biggest disappointment was the Spa, which is why I took my wife and daughter there, the manicurist was second rate and unprofessional. I won't be returning.
I will say the restaurant food was excellent. The pub, not so good.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
3  Thank Col0320
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are disappointed that your stay was not what you expected. We appreciate your comments on our staff and our service, and will be reviewing all your recommendations.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I will definitely be back. Very pleasant and helpful staff. My room was spacious with a roomy patio. I did not eat at the property, but did roam the grounds. The pool and hot tub are clean, but unremarkable - while i did not spend time there it was great to know for the future they have pool service from 10-5 (check hours as this is from memory). The spa was very nice and my massage was great. The waiting area is very comfortable and tranquil. A nice property with lots to do. Golf course looked great.

Room Tip: I liked the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and recommendations. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We intended to have a sentimental wing it driving tour of Oregon. Timberline showed us an expensive 'cupboard' of a room - which we declined - despite our sentimental attachment. We drove on to Welches and what a delight. The Resort At the Mountain surprised us at every turn. The receptionist welcomed us, gave us a super rate. The room was spacious and clean. Dinner was ok - not fab - but they tried hard and the menu is thoughtful. Breakfast was slow - but the food good. The golf was spectacular - a summer wednesday - gorgeous weather - the course in fantastic shape and no one out there! And the bar tender looked after us with some super home infused gin! We had a great time - bike rides etc. Would absolutely recommend this place.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one in block 8.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments and evaluation. We appreciate your comments and your referrals.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived to be informed by the desk agent that they had oversold the 3 bed golf villas and that they were downgrading us to a 2 bed spa condo suite. The GM explained that their online booking system is handled by a 3rd party, and that they have been having some problems with the service. He agreed to comp our first night, which was appreciated, but what left a really sour taste was that the hotel claimed not to have any contact info for us, which seems bizarre, given that all these details were provided at the time of booking. There was a wedding going on when we arrived, so my suspicion is that the hotel resold rooms that had already been booked to accommodate the wedding guests. So, beware! The resort itself is a good base for hiking, but the buildings and facilities are pretty old. The spa condo we were in needed some maintenance work: holes in the window screen netting, kitchen shelves broken, only lukewarm water in the 2nd bath etc. Seems to be trading on past glories.

Room Tip: Check that the room you have booked is actually available!
1  Thank bunny2LondonUK

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your taking time to provide your thoughts and evaluation.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

First we stayed in the dog room. It was a quick getaway before she ( my daughter) returns to college. The room was perfectly fine with a comy king bed. Yes, at first I thought from the outside it had that strip motel look but when I saw the gated outdoor space that made up for it. Now the food. Generally I am not a big fan of hotel food but both restaurants were excellent plus Atticus ( our dog ) was allowed to dine with us outside. All the servers treated him like a king. We will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tootienut
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with an exceptional reference. We appreciate your comments and your business. Please return soon and often.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at The Resort at the Mountain in Welches, OR. The Resort is located in a beautiful forested area of Mt Hood with easy access to the mountain and the Columbia Gorge area. We would definitely stay here again. It has everything for all ages.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your comments, referral, and your staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

John A. Erickson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Timberline Lodge
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Whispering Woods Resort
Best Western Sandy Inn

Been to Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!