“Local bar with good food”

Rod's Bar and Grill
Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Warrenton
Reviewed June 11, 2015

We were hungry while passing through Warrenton so GPS said we were near Rod's and decided to stop. Very typical 'local kind of place' and we were pleasantly surprised at the good food. Hubby's burger was very good and he said the fries were excellent (and plentiful). I had the chef salad and it was HUGE and very good. We are enjoying clam chowder throughout the OR coastal area so decided to have a cup here just to see how it was (didn't realize how big the lunches would be though). The chowder was good……in a cup size though, the potatoes were big chunks and took up almost the whole cup so not many clams. Good flavor and hit the spot on a cool day but definitely too much food once the salad and sandwich came. Good service as well. We would definitely return if back in the area.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed May 24, 2015

My husband and I ate here for a weeknight dinner for the first time after a long (3 years?) absence. We both ordered the daily special, which was surf & turf, a steak with either fried oysters or fried shrimp. The steak was surprisingly delicious. I mean perfectly cooked and very flavorful. My husband's shrimp side was good, but I was pretty disappointed with my oysters, which tasted frozen, not fresh (and here we are, just a few miles from one of the country's largest oyster-producing bays!). The green beans were cooked with butter and bacon, just like mom used to make them. Although they weren't fresh either, they DID taste real good. Mashed potatoes and gravy were also very good. Since we were sitting in a bar, he ordered a beer and I ordered something in a can I'd never heard of because it was new and only $1.50. I liked that this old-school-style bar had a brand new offering.
We both enjoyed our meal and I will go back again. The main downside is the atmosphere. You're eating just a few feet away from depressed-looking barflies in a pretty outdated and depressing setting.
Still, when given the choice between thumbs up or thumbs down, I'd definitely give it a thumbs up.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 21, 2015

used to be a grungy dive bar back in the day. After it changed a few hands it has cleaned up quite nicely and the food it pretty good

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed April 20, 2015

We stopped in the bar for beers - just the usual on tap and a few micros - but we had breakfast one day and dinner another and it was awesome. The breakfast plates were huge, we could have easily split an order. The same thing with dinner. My wife ordered clam strips and we could not believe how large they were and how how big the plate was. The food was excellent, not greasy at all. All 3 times we were in there, the place was filled with locals - friendly and down to earth people. To look at the outside of the place you would wonder but once you go in you realize what a great local spot it is.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed November 27, 2014

I was Thankful to find anything open and pleasantly surprised to find this nice bar and restaurant. Clean nice staff and the food was above average. Obviously a locals place half filled at 8AM. Worth the trip and the price is right!

Date of visit: November 2014