“Nice Restaurant!”

Dooger's Seafood & Grill Warrenton
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We often eat at Dooger's in Warrenton, Oregon. It's a nice clean place that specializes in seafood. In the winter months, there is a senior half price day that keeps the place full of happy diners!
I think the crab louie is a winner! There are several offered - lunch, full dinner, entree. It looks beautiful when served, and the taste does not disappoint!
Also they have a daily special that changes from time to time. It used to be tilapia, but has since changed. Most recently it changed to grilled chicken breast, rice, broccoli, and "garlic" toast. The tilapia was very nice and we often chose that for lunch. The recent change to chicken breast wasn't my favorite and I wouldn't order it again. The breast looked very nice, but was dry, the broccoli was nice and "al dente", and there was plenty of rice!
Beside the crab louie, the other constant good thing is their clam chowder! Cup or bowl!
We have visited the other Dooger's Restaurants along the coast, but this one in Warrenton is our favorite!

1  Thank j c
There are newer reviews for Dooger's Seafood & Grill Warrenton

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went as family of four. We were there early in the evening, well before the crowds.

Appetizers (oysters and torpedo shrimp) were good quality and well cooked. Crab legs and Cajun style sole were similarly good. So was the Tuna steak. Servings were large, we had to take leftovers home.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

If it were a one-time experience, I would not be writing this review. But this has now occurred several times both at the Warrenton Doogers and the Seaside Doogers so it deserves the attention of the management. One would think that breakfast is a somewhat difficult meal to mess up but Doogers apparently can and did do this. This morning I ordered an omelette with cheddar and sausage accompanied by hashbrowns and rye bread. The bread was literally sopping with butter; so much that after scraping it off, the bread was completely soaked through and therefore discarded. The omelette was coated with cheese and filled with sausage (and I mean FILLED). My wife's order was identical and while she tried to eat her toast, she finally gave up after a few bites. The hashbrowns had been drenched in so much vegetable oil that it left an unpleasant after-taste in your mouth. I ate most of mine since I was hungry but my wife picked at hers and gave up. Had the waitress come back in a few minutes, we could have pointed out the state of the toast but the meal was pretty much over by the time she showed up to refill the coffee. She was apologetic for the meal and wanted to have more toast brought out but at that juncture, what was the point? Bottomline: we're locals and this is not a one-time experience. We won't be back any time soon. I'm hopeful that the management will not see this as an opportunity to slam the establishment but rather try to correct things in the kitchen. Your short-order chefs need some serious retraining if you expect to hold your local clientele. Overall it was a very forgettable experience.

1  Thank Seasider48
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have eaten here and at their rest. in Seaside and each time the food and service have been excellent! The steamers here are some of the best

Reviewed February 25, 2013

So many reasons why Dooger's in Warrenton gets such high praise from me today.
Their customer service from the person at Front to the server to the lady at cash register on the way out, exceeded the mark. Second, I felt a little challenged as I am enjoying the results of a strict diet and did not want to sway from that. I could accomplish this at Dooger's. I had 1/2 turkey sandwich on sourdough. I ate the 1/2 sandwich open faced and there was plenty with the lettuce and tomato. The turkey is carved turkey, not pressed, mystery lunchmeat. I got a side of assorted steamed vegetable and had the cole slaw they offered. I will be back. The frosting on the cake was a "developmentally disabled" young man who was working/being trained at the restaurant when I was there. He was pleasant, seemed like he loved his work. Most tables acted like their hearts were warmed by this scene of social integration. I know mine was. Thanks to all at Dooger's for being bold to make this happen.

1  Thank LGarland_12