“We were not impressed”

Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warrenton
Reviewed February 22, 2011

At first, we thought the special price of $99 for a holiday weekend (one night) was great that my husband found online. I called to book it to make sure they would honor an internet price match. They did! They told us it would cost $25 + tax for our dog after I inquired about pets being allowed and the fee. When we got to the hotel, our room wasn't ready as they said no one mentioned when they booked the room that we had a dog! Our room was spacious and the bedding looked fairly updated but the rest of the room was very dated. They put us near the stairs since we had a pet. We could hear people running and up down the stairs like it was in our room.
When we went to use the pool/hot tub in the evening after dinner, we were the only one's in there. Shortly thereafter, another guest and her 3 children arrived... with a dog in tow. We had put our dog in the car since we didn't want to leave her alone in the room. I'm sorry but you shouldn't bring a dog to the pool and sauna area. After her children started splashing us in the HOT TUB, we graciously asked them to please be careful. She got mad at us and we left at that point. My husband went out to the lobby to complain about that and the dog and there was no one around....
The "deluxe" breakfast the next morning consisted of frozen belgium waffles, horrible coffee and some pre packaged pastries. The only thing edible was the orange juice.

I have always had wonderful stays at Shilo Inn's in the past and it used to be a very nice hotel. USED TO. We will not be staying at this location ever again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shopgal_19
shilosbest, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Warrenton. We strive to provide every guest the best possible Shilo experience; however, sometimes we fall short of our goal. I apologize your room was not as convenient as we hoped you would find it. It is never our policy to allow pets in the pool unless they are service animals, not everyone is as courteous as you and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
I assure you that our Shilo Inn is, as all others, a clean and comfortable place to stay. I am confident that when you return in the future you will find the same hospitality that you have come to rely on and I would be happy to assist with any future lodging arrangements.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

The hotel is very dated, but clean. Breakfast is very basic with waffles, pasty gravy and biscuits, frozen sausage and biscuits. The hot tub was really foamy and the only area that didn't feel very clean. We asked to have late check out on Sunday and were told that it would be an extra charge. The front desk staff and manager expressed surprise when we pointed out that their own guest services book offered a 5PM Sunday check out. Rooms are pretty noisy, one of two beds in room was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
ShiloInnWarrenton, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Warrenton. I apologize for the confusion regarding the late check out; you are correct, it is indeed available, based on availability. I can assure you the hot tub and pool are checked several times throughout the day and night to ensure that Shilo Inns high standards of cleanliness are met and we are in compliance with the county health department. We will continue to strive to provide outstanding service and cleanliness to all our guests, and certainly hope the next time you visit our beautiful area you will give us another opportunity.
Thank you.
Elsbeth Kenoyer

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We were recommended to stay here by a fishing guide. It served the purpose, but if you are looking for a really nice newer place, this would not be it. The price was a discounted price because of the fishing. I would only recommend this place because of the cost. I would not want to pay more then I did, and i don't know what the regular price would be. We arrived really late, and headed out early to fish. So did not get to check everything out at the hotel. It was older but clean.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

The service was great. The staff was very friendly. You definitely cannot beat the price. Also the location is ideal. The only drawbacks are: the carpet is a bit worn, the breakfast could be better and lastly the furniture is a bit dated. If these cons are not that important to you this is a great find.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This was my first stay at a Shilo Inn. It will not be my last. The staff at the front desk was very helpful in recommending restaurants, local attractions, etc. The room was one of the best layouts I have seen in a hotel room from an efficiency perspective. Plenty of space for all suitcases, roomy bathroom, convenient kitchenette area with separate sink and mirror. Pool, hot tub, and steam room open 24 hours. Doogers Restaurant across the street has great chowder and seafood. I would drive out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2009

I have stayed at this particular hotel many times in the past when I come to Warrenton on business. The staff is very accomodating and is always friendly everytime. The rooms are ov average accomodation with either king or double queens in the rooms. Some of the rooms have a kitchinette in them as well. The decor is clean and "90's" contemporary. Some rooms have a view of the river behind. The pool which is open 24 hours is usually slightly warm and is of average size (no really deep end) and has stairs to accomodate those who have more difficulty entering and leaving the pool. They have a medium sized hot tub, a sauna room which is co-ed, a decent gym, and a laundry facility for your use. They have a computer in the lobby with printer for guest use. There is also a free continental plus breakfast which consists of Belgian waffles, breakfast burritos, yogurt, rolls, cereals (cold and hot), milk, coffee, tea, and juice. Next door is a chinese food restaraunt which has a super cheap menu but not much quality. If you want dinner, eat early (4:00 to 6:00 PM) and eat across the street at Doogers during their happy hour at the bar (no you don't have to drink alcohol) and you can get a full good tasting meal for under $8 with chowder, calamari, burgers, wings, etc. each item is under $3!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Great location and nice and quiet. Staff went out of their way to accomodate us because of a family emergency. The 24 hour pool and spa make this a perfect place to say. Plently of well lit parking and space for trucks with boats. This was not our first time at this Shilo -- we stay there when we are in the area. Room was clean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
#5 of 14 in Astoria
Comfort Suites Columbia River
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton? Share your experiences!