“Quick Getaway”

Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warrenton
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We decided at the last minute to visit Astoria/Warrenton during our kids' Spring Break. Our plans were a bit sketchy at first and I made several calls to Shilo Inn regarding the length of our stay and number of rooms. Everyone I spoke with was pleasant and accomodating. I have four children (ages 4 - 15) and we all enjoyed ourselves while staying at Shilo Inn. The staff were all friendly and pleasant, the kids loved the breakfast bar, and we spent many hours in the pool. The rooms were very nice and having the microwave and the refrigerator was very helpful. Since visiting, my kids point out all of the Shilo Inns they see! Thanks for the memories and keep up the great work!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2008

Great hotel finally. Staff were very pleasant. Rooms were exceptional above hotel standards. This was written by a consumer who stays at allot of hotels thru out the year.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I travel every week staying at different hotel properties. The hotels are about the same in room amenities and size or style. So, here is my point. Warrenton hotel has upgraded the breakfast they have upgraded the room decor and the staff has changed for the better. Tosha front desk clerk is always smiling and answers questions that I havew with knowledge and accuracy. Outstanding. Now I move to the Night gal Susan. If I have an issue all I have to do is call and it is taken care of. That is excellent service. Some hotels it is like pulling cats teeth to get them to do anything for you like quiet the neighbors. Then you have Elsbeth, she manages the property. A lady of many different hats. Elsbeth has always treated myself and the others that I work and stay at the hotel with respect she has been honest and her passion for the property is quite obvious. The fact is, with out her guiding the employees and setting the standard high as it should be, the employees have risen to the level or they are not there anymore. I stay at this property every week and over time have seen the changes for the positive thanks to Elsbeth and her staff. Please pass this on.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Warrenton Shilo. I looked at places in Astoria first, but then found this Shilo only 1 mile from Astoria in a very quiet part of town. Warrenton has a population of 4200, and across the street from the hotel is a Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Ross, Fred Meyer, and Costco (+gas). It was only 12 miles south to Seaside, making this location very convenient. The staff was incredibly friendly, especially the front desk lady, who greeted me with a warm smile and was very knowledgable on area restaurants the locals go to for the fresh catch of the day from the Columbia River. The steam sauna was very relaxing and the pool & spa were wonderful. The rooms and the entire hotel were very clean. You can tell the staff take great pride in this hotel and it shows. I would without hesitation recommend the Warrenton Shilo. It was very reasonably priced, at least $50 cheaper than staying in Astoria. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2008

The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was amazing. We were in town with a sick relative that passed away while we were there. We had to add people to our room and made several requests for additional towels and housekeeping needs. The staff could not have been nicer or help us more.

All of the staff during the day and at night were wonderful. When we came in, no matter how late, there was someone at the front desk and they always checked with us to see if we needed anything. The housekeeping staff were friendly and made sure we had everything we needed.

We worked alot with Donna, at the front desk, and she was so helpful and kind. She knew we were there for a funeral and went above and beyond in her kindness and help.

We are from Astoria and have always stayed in another hotel. We will be staying at this Shilo for all of our future visits. We have stayed in many hotels over the years and this hotels is among the best.

Thank you all for your kindness and caring.
Paul and Sue Stromsness

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2008

This place is clean, neat, and maintained VERY well. It is not a fancy, elegant, highbrow/pretentious type of place. Neither is it trashy, run-down, and out-dated.

It is the perfect place where a traveller can unwind, relax, "put one's feet up", and enjoy life. If you want a good place to work and play, as I do, it is just right.

Nothing spectacular here...just very good in what you get...comfortable beds, adequate bathrooms and decor, and really, what more do you need if you are out and about working, shopping, playing, etc.? If you wish, there are some units with small kitchenettes so you can cook for yourself if you like.

The staff is fantastic! Helpful, friendly, eager to meet your needs, and the facility is quiet without seeming like a museum or palace.

I simply must rave about the pool/sauna/steamroom! These are simply the best I have experienced for facilities of their size. They all work perfect, are immaculate, and very fresh. What a great way to unwind at the end of the day.

The exercise equipment is ok...it would be great if they added an upright bike.

The breakfast bar is adequate to above average, unless you are looking for healthy, non-sugured/non-additive food...in which case you are simply in the same boat you are always in. The food that is there is tasty and plentiful, especially the fresh waffles. Bagels and English muffins are other somewhat healthy alternatives. There are also hard-boiled eggs and a very good instant oatmeal by Kashi. If you aren't picky about sweets, well just jump right in head first into the very appetizing looking plate of coffee cake, and the pre-packaged muffins, or the other cold cereal options. There is also fresh fruit.

From the moment you walk in you will be greated with a smile by the likes of very kind clerks like Laura, and when you check out with clerks like Donna, the efficiency will only be outdone by the cheery-ness and interest in your stay.

I have stayed here now 4 times, and find it to be the perfect home away from home to work from and relax in. Are there other places more opulant? Yes...when I desire that experience I go to them. Are there other places teeming with activity and things to keep you busy 24/7? Yes, and when I am seeking that moment, I book there. But if you simply want some place that is ultra nice, ultra clean, ultra homey, and completely satisfactory, this is the place. It is walking distance to food, liquor, medecines, and home supplies of many kinds.

Thanks to the staff at Warrenton's Shilo...from BW who works at Western Oregon Waste...and you can verify that this is not a fake review very easliy, as the facility check-in records will show my stays. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I stayed at the Warrenton Shilo for a couple days while visiting my inlaws, and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. Not only were the desk agents helpful, but even the manager Elsbeth took the time to assist me. The staff seems to really work as a team in order to serve their guests. The hotel was clean from the billboard down to the bathroom floor! And the continental breakfast had everything I could ever want to eat, plus more. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
Inn at Seaside
Inn at Seaside
#7 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton? Share your experiences!