“A wonderful stay”

Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warrenton
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Warrenton last week. The sunrise over the hills of Astoria Tuesday morning was fantastic. We enjoyed our view of Young's Bay and Saddle Mountain which is the traditional southern boundary of Chinook country. The location is so convenient for visiting the Maritime Museum and Lewis and Clark National Park especially Fort. Clatsop. The breakfast had a nice selection. I was able to help another guest there and met up with this couple again at Camp 18 in the evening. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed here before and plan to do so again when we are in the Astoria area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor where it was quiet and had a nice view of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Mary F,

Welcome back and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that the staff once again met your expectations, thank you for noticing their efforts. They really appreciate the positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is for sure the best hotel for the price in the Astoria. OR area. Just minutes from downtown without paying outrageous downtown prices! I Pay less in bigger cities like Chicago. Portland and Seattle for what they wanted in downtown Astoria! The Shilo is Very nice, clean and the staff was Very friendly! Conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. Along with touristy things. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Brent S,

Thank you so much for the posting on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciate you taking the time write a short review. The entire staff wants to thank you for noticing their tireless efforts in providing a clean environment and friendly service.

Again, Thank You!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Motel fees were about $30 less than comperable properities in the Astoria area ($160 for two nights, including tax.) Room was very adequate with stove, refrigerator, dish washer, etc. available. Handy to Fort Clatsop and Fort Stevens, Costco and Fred Meyers. I disagree with the previous writers as far as the breakfast. We travel constantly throughout the year and feel this was one of the better ones. If you are looking for a Embassy Suite breakfast, wrong property, but a lot of choices as far as cereals, waffles, bagels, etc. Coffee was excellent. TV channel selection "sucked."

Room Tip: stayed on top floor away from elevator. Very quiet.

Dear ilwaco61,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the many breakfast choices we offer. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were passing through this area of the Oregon Coast and we needed a place for the night.
Shilo Inn was a convenient location with easy access off of the highway. Its location also gave us a chance to do a bit of shopping at Costco and Fred Meyers.
We had a king suite which was quiet and comfortable. It had a fridge and microwave which meant we could have snacks in our room. Breakfast was included and that was made up by the usual hotel fare, cereals, waffles, etc.
Although the hotel is an older one and rather dated, it was what we needed for the night without paying an exorbant price.
The staff on duty when we were there were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear elenarf,

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and staff and that you found everything you needed to be comfortable and budget friendly. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

To be honest: everything has already been said by the other reviewers. It is indeed an old hotel where minimal maintenance has been applied. It is located in a rather uninspiring place and across the road one can obtain a meager diner (against very standard pricing), but that is still a Kings meal compared to what the hotel offers for breakfast. The desk staff was a bit untidy and not really interested in guests arriving. If you are running late and you are tired and desperately need a sleep and don’t care to much for a descent breakfast, this hotel might meet your needs. In all other cases: drive on!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Bastiian57

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your comment about the desk staff being “untidy” and not interested in guests is of great concern to me and I will most certainly take a closer look and share your comments with each agent. We want each of our guests to feel welcomed and appreciated. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the first stop on a family road trip down the pacific coast, and I really can't recommend it. Later in the same trip we stayed in many hotels, some much cheaper and some much more expensive. All were better. This hotel is old, badly situated between a Walgreens and Fred Meyer, and serves a very poor breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Katevan2013,

Sorry to hear your stay at our very popular location was not satisfactory. The owners are considering a remodel at this time, so we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice property and stay except for two factors: decor and staff. I have been working at a hotel for 8 years, and in my experience spending over $100 on a room typically guarantees a clean room, nice amenities, and decor that looks like it belongs in the current era. The room's furnishings made me think I had stepped back in to the 1980s, even more so when I tried to move the desk lamp for better reading light and found out it was permanently sealed to the table...The decor wasn't necessarily the deal-breaker, at least the room was orderly and clean. What made this stay more negative was because of the front desk staff during the afternoon of the 26th.
The young woman working was extremely courteous and friendly; however, when I checked in I specifically stated I wanted her to charge out my debit card right then and there, not preauthorize it. Well she thought she knew better, because she chose to ignore what I said and preauthorized it. The next day at checkout I saw her run my card again, and when I questioned her on why she didn't charge my card at check-in, all she could say was something along the lines of "It looks like a charge regardless." Not the right response; because if I banked through a small bank, this little incident could have royally messed up my bank account by tying up the preauthorized funds for at least a week. Lesson of the story: if a guest tells you to charge out their card right then and there, you do it because the guest knows their accounts better than the staff.
Also, the breakfast could benefit from some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Brittany_Hyde2007,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, I do appreciate any and all feedback. I will continue to work with the newest member of our front desk team to sharpen her listening skills and follow through on guest requests. Please accept my apologies. Hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Elsbeth Kenoyer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
Inn at Seaside
Inn at Seaside
#7 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton? Share your experiences!