“comfortable and convenient”

Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warrenton
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were passing through this area of the Oregon Coast and we needed a place for the night.
Shilo Inn was a convenient location with easy access off of the highway. Its location also gave us a chance to do a bit of shopping at Costco and Fred Meyers.
We had a king suite which was quiet and comfortable. It had a fridge and microwave which meant we could have snacks in our room. Breakfast was included and that was made up by the usual hotel fare, cereals, waffles, etc.
Although the hotel is an older one and rather dated, it was what we needed for the night without paying an exorbant price.
The staff on duty when we were there were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear elenarf,

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and staff and that you found everything you needed to be comfortable and budget friendly. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

To be honest: everything has already been said by the other reviewers. It is indeed an old hotel where minimal maintenance has been applied. It is located in a rather uninspiring place and across the road one can obtain a meager diner (against very standard pricing), but that is still a Kings meal compared to what the hotel offers for breakfast. The desk staff was a bit untidy and not really interested in guests arriving. If you are running late and you are tired and desperately need a sleep and don’t care to much for a descent breakfast, this hotel might meet your needs. In all other cases: drive on!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Bastiian57

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your comment about the desk staff being “untidy” and not interested in guests is of great concern to me and I will most certainly take a closer look and share your comments with each agent. We want each of our guests to feel welcomed and appreciated. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the first stop on a family road trip down the pacific coast, and I really can't recommend it. Later in the same trip we stayed in many hotels, some much cheaper and some much more expensive. All were better. This hotel is old, badly situated between a Walgreens and Fred Meyer, and serves a very poor breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Katevan2013,

Sorry to hear your stay at our very popular location was not satisfactory. The owners are considering a remodel at this time, so we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice property and stay except for two factors: decor and staff. I have been working at a hotel for 8 years, and in my experience spending over $100 on a room typically guarantees a clean room, nice amenities, and decor that looks like it belongs in the current era. The room's furnishings made me think I had stepped back in to the 1980s, even more so when I tried to move the desk lamp for better reading light and found out it was permanently sealed to the table...The decor wasn't necessarily the deal-breaker, at least the room was orderly and clean. What made this stay more negative was because of the front desk staff during the afternoon of the 26th.
The young woman working was extremely courteous and friendly; however, when I checked in I specifically stated I wanted her to charge out my debit card right then and there, not preauthorize it. Well she thought she knew better, because she chose to ignore what I said and preauthorized it. The next day at checkout I saw her run my card again, and when I questioned her on why she didn't charge my card at check-in, all she could say was something along the lines of "It looks like a charge regardless." Not the right response; because if I banked through a small bank, this little incident could have royally messed up my bank account by tying up the preauthorized funds for at least a week. Lesson of the story: if a guest tells you to charge out their card right then and there, you do it because the guest knows their accounts better than the staff.
Also, the breakfast could benefit from some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Brittany_Hyde2007,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, I do appreciate any and all feedback. I will continue to work with the newest member of our front desk team to sharpen her listening skills and follow through on guest requests. Please accept my apologies. Hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Shilo properties are better known for their locations and to call this motel a "Suites" property is a corruption of the language. Add grumpy front office staff and you wonder why you didn't stay in Astoria. One feature worth mentioning - the free motel style breakfast in the 1st floor meeting room had a decent cold breakfast selection.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Brian 12154,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. “Grumpy staff” is generally not a comment we receive from our guests. Please accept my apologies if the staff wasn’t as welcoming as they should be at all times. I hope you will give us another try on your next visit to our beautiful area.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ended up here by accident (I messed up our first reservation) but it was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are older and the decor would definately benefit from an update but this was the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in. We couldn't even hear our neighbors showers come on and never heard anyone talking, TV etc. The view was pleasant out our window, pool was clean and fun for the kiddies, and breakfast was ample. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. It was a solid choice just outside of downtown astoria.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gwyn M
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Gyn M

I’m so happy to hear that your “accidental” stay here was a pleasant surprise for you. The entire staff works hard to ensure each guest has a positive experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

place is okay, but paper-thin walls & ceiling, can hear EVERYTHING neighbors are doing. Water running through pipes sounds like a freight train. Would have a nice view of river going into the ocean but for some reason they built it so none of the rooms face that way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear 5cense,

Sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. Unfortunately, due to building codes at the time the property could not be built facing the direction we would like it to face.

Elsbeth Kenoyer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
#5 of 14 in Astoria
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Comfort Suites Columbia River
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria
Best Western Ocean View Resort

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton? Share your experiences!