Shilo Inns Warrenton
$107
$65
$111
HIExpress.com
Astoria Rivershore Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$69
Columbia Inn(Astoria)
$55
Atomic Motel(Astoria)
Hotel Elliott(Astoria)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskfred meyerbreakfast bar isbiscuits and gravyastoria areasteam room and saunafort stevensweight roommin drivebreakfast roomincluded breakfastmicrowave and fridgebig roomhousekeeping staffthe entire staffcomfortable bedscomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

On the positive side... The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Wireless was convenient, the rooms were large and the fridge & microwave were nice to have. There are a few things that made the stay less than great...the continental breakfast is always a great addition but the guy in charge of breakfast was very unpleasant. He hovered over us while we tried to get our food which was really uncomfortable. Twice he picked up a cup I was still using and threw it away. It looks like there should have been a decent breakfast selection but only about half of the stuff was available the day we stayed...We used the pool and seemed to be an annoyance to the guy tending to the pool area. I'm not sure if it was just because the facility was very dated or not but it felt like it could have been cleaner. The bandaid on the pool deck was nasty. We'll stick to Best Western Lincoln Inn next time.

• Stayed: August 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Site11,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us this past week. I am disappointed that two of the staff members were giving you an unfavorable impression of our hotel. I will address this with both of them. We do try to offer a wide variety of breakfast items and I am sorry that not everything was available during your stay. The pool deck as well as the entire facility is sanitized on a daily basis and is monitored throughout the day to insure cleanliness and compliance with the Oregon Health Department. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future when visiting the Astoria area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed one night at Shilo Inn Suites - Astoria/Warrenton, and I will go there again if I am in the area. Stayed in room with 2 queen beds. Clean and comfortable. Internet was slow, but worked fine. Breakfast was included: not an eggs and sausage breakfast, but had waffles, yogourt type which was good. Free parking. We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant that is part of the hotel: Americanized but good food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear OldStylePilsner,

Thank you so much for the positive review on TripAdvisor. Always great to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay and that they will be back for future visits. I will let the restaurant owners know that you enjoyed their food as well.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a recent stay in Warrenton at the shilo on this hot weekend, my wife and i had a great time. The location is close to town and the beach! we spent most the day at the beach.
the room was great, smelt clean and the beds were comfortable, those comforters were outdated though. By morning we were exhausted and ready for a shower and ride home. My wife called down for an extra towel, and the hispanic lady came up and rudely gave the towels to my wife and left without a word said. by the time we were just about to leave the same lady came up and knocked once on our door and came in. She rudely was telling us that it was time for us to go, and by that time it was only a quarter to 11am. when checkout is at noon. I gave her a "tip" to leave and she rudly snatched it and left.

But overall everything and everyone else were great, we were greeted first thing when we left by a sweet housekeeper and she kindly greeted us and asked us if we were enjoying our stay. She was sweet. the only housekeeper that greeted the guests she saw. short dark haired girl. the breakfast was okay. so all in all we had an excellent stay. Thanks Shilo for haveing such great service and clean affordable rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Thomas K

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you were overall pleased with our service and appreciated the hard work of our housekeeping staff. I am sorry to hear that one of our housekeepers gave you a bad impression with her unacceptable attitude. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will address this with her. Again, thanks for the review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I recently stayed here on business and checked in late due to work running into the evening. The lady at the front desk was very helpful listing the few places to eat that were still open at 10PM. When I returned with a pizza she even offered me a plastic fork which she keeps for just such an occasion. She also suggested great lunch locations for the following day. The next morning I was about to take a shower when I discovered there were no shower towels in the room. I called the front desk and less than two minutes later a staff member dropped off a large amount of them.

I had hoped to use the hot tub which is open 24hrs unlike a lot of other motels; however I had to get up early and didn't have time to use it. As some of the other comments have said the rooms are a little older and haven't recently been remodeled. This is true, however everything was in great condition and very clean. The breakfast was good but could probably use a little updating with more fresh food choices. Again the staff came through with a nice lady offering to take peoples plates and changing table cloths etc.

Overall this was a good experience and I will certainly consider staying here in the future if I am in the area.

As a side note the phone reservation service was also very friendly and easy to use.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Dominic L,

What a great way to start the day! Thank you so much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor about our hotel and staff. I have already shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled that their efforts are being appreciated. Again, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to recognize our team members.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed at the Silo Inn in Warrenton, OR. Though the room was comfortable - the price was outrageous - $199.00. They would not give me any advertised discounts - AARP, AAA, Military??? Also, the room is sooooo outdated - Looks like early 80's decorating. Even an old TV, you know like the ones our parents had - hahahahah. The carpet looks like it was a dark blue originall, under the bed, but is now a pale purple from fading and had burns on the carpet as well.. This is totally unacceptable for a room for this price. Also, they started cutting trees with a chainsaw at 9:00 am on Sunday and it kept up for several hours. A very annoying sound that they could have done in the afternoon very easily. Front desk just said that it was 9:00 am so that it was OK with them. NOT US!!

Just as a comparison to price I recently stayed at the Omni Hotel in downtown Dallas, a magnificent Hotel - was the same price! Come on Oregon - move forward in time!

Room Tip: They do have an indoor pool, spa and stream and sauna rooms which was very pleasant as it is so dreary most of the time in Oregon.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Barbara C

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our Shilo Inn Warrenton Suites Hotel. I am glad that you felt comfortable here, even though the hotel in general was not all you had hoped for. I am a little baffled about a chainsaw noise on a Sunday morning, which I agree, should be done later in the day. Please accept my apologies for this apparent mishap. I will also address this with the landscapers and front desk personnel to better coordinate times to keep the comfort of our guests in mind at all times and to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Sincerely