“Waste”

Casino at Kah-Nee-Ta Desert Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Native American casino features more than 25,000 square feet of gaming space featuring 338 slot machines and six table games.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Not many games, layout isn't very nice, parking lot was cramped and it's smoking throughout the building. We drove out of our way to visit the casino and it was a huge let down. I also got carded 3 times within an hour, kind of disruptive!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I consider this attraction a one time stand to visit...It has a campground with its own tepees for rent (if you do not mind to be smelling like a smoke fish when you wake up in the morning) and a swimming pool with a very hot spring!!! Not much to do do or to see around this place except for the small flowing Deschutes river alongside (but beware of rattle snakes)...There is a casino uphill about a short free ride from the resort but it seems that we never win every time we play there...I had given this casino a chance once more but the result(lossing)is the same...I will never go back in this place again unless for "unavoidable circumstances"...The fees(entrance, towels, etc..) in these resorts are kind of expensive so think twice if you want to visit...It is a long and winding road going down from Highway 26 and plan(important) to leave this place before dark...

1  Thank anaklakay
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The main casino WAS located at Kah-Nee-Ta resort (KNT), but has since relocated to 12 miles south near the town of Warm Springs along Hwy 26. KNT does have a small 20+ slot machine operation located on the lower level of the lodge next to the pool tables, game room, bar, and snack bar. Also the physical area (landscape) that KNT is located is lovely, but KNT generally over charges for all items it sells.

1  Thank e h
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were looking for the nearest casino and resort. When I did the search on my phone it linked them together. We were desperate for a drink, a little gambling and good nights rest after driving for 11 hours. I called and reserved a room, $175 on a Tuesday night!!! Really? Ok, so we continued there, following the GPS. We were confused when we passed the casino, which appeared to be very small. We continued for about 10 more miles on a winding road through the sagebrush. When got to the resort and realized the casino was no longer there we were furious. I didn't even go in. I called and canceled my reservation and we went back to Madras and stayed at the Best Western. So I did not actually stay at this resort, but I felt it was very deceiving and a huge disappointment after the drive. When I go to a casino and resort I don't want to drive 10-15 miles to play the machines and then drive another 10-15 miles to get back to my room.

5  Thank IdahoGottago
Reviewed February 14, 2013

the casino is small, nothing special about it the food is priced ok, and the people are very... thanks for spending your hard earned money here, ha ha sucka

2  Thank Jason C