We chose Kah-Nee-Ta based on an outdoor giant heated pool (open in winter!) near the Village Area. We visited during the week so we had the immense pool almost to ourselves. It is huge and clean and it was wonderful looking up at the beautiful scenery as we swam. The shower/dressing area was immaculate. We visited the casino which includes a non-smoking area upstairs and we also had fun there too. Penny machines were lively. The breakfast both days was generous and tasty. The service was a little slow for dinner but again it was nice to enjoy a slower pace. The waiters and staff were friendly. The resort isn't super fancy but if you are looking for something off the beaten path with some seclusion to relax, this resort is the place. The mid-week rate was very reasonable. We're from the east coast so it was a great change to be in a quiet place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino